Sweet Potato Bar
Image credit: Shutterstock
- 3-4 Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Strips bacon, Chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ½ cup of Mushrooms, Chopped
- 1lb Ground Beef
- Garlic and Chili Powder to taste
- Coarse Ground Sea Salt to taste
- 2 Cups Greens (mixture of Spinach, collard greens, kale, etc)
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- Wrap Sweet Potatoes in foil, place in pan, and bake for 1-1.5 hours (or until potatoes are soft).
- After 30 minutes of baking time, place chopped bacon into a skillet over medium heat - toss to ensure bacon grease in spread evenly.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms, and toss to combine. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add Ground beef. Season with Garlic Powder, Chili Powder and Sea Salt to taste. Toss to combine with the rest of the mixture until meat is browned
- Mix in the greens and cover skillet with a lid. Cook, covered until the greens start to wilt.
- Remove Sweet Potatoes from the oven and remove foil. Slice open each potato with a knife and spoon the meat-and-greens mixture inside.