Feeling Sluggish? Increase Your Energy With These Tips
By Brandi Monasco
Life can be hectic and that craziness can make you feel just downright tired and worn out. But when you are trying to pay the bills, wrangle the kids and maintain the household, it can seem like you have little to no energy left.
But, there are ways to get more energy and make it through your busy week! Here are a few ways to help you get going:
1. Sleep More. Easier said than done at times. When your life is crazy and stressful, you might feel like sleeping is the last thing that you need to do. But in all reality, when you sleep more, you are able to have more energy! Make sure that you are getting your full 8 hours of sleep each night. If you are not able to, try taking a short 30 minute nap in the afternoon to get a quick pick-me-up.
2. Exercise. Exercise will not only help you shed pounds, but it will also refresh you and make you feel more awake and alert. You don’t have to do a full cardio or weight lifting exercise to get yourself going. You can simply do a quick 10 or 15 minute walk around the block or the park to get your energy levels up. A study conducted at California State University found that taking a 10 minute walk increased energy and the effects lasted for up to two hours!
3. Drink More Water. Being tired and sluggish can actually be a symptom of dehydration. When you are making sure that you are staying well hydrated, your energy levels increase. If you feel that you are not drinking enough water, try to increase your water intake over a two week time period. You will be surprised at how much water you actually don’t drink and at how amazing you will feel!
4. Don’t Skip Meals. It’s hard to remember to eat when you are super busy going about your day. But it’s very important to make sure that you eat and not skip any meals. In fact, you need to make sure that you eat meals that are filled with fiber and protein as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. Keep some vegetables chopped up and ready to go for a quick snack, or make eggs ahead of time so that you can just grab and go.
5. Get Some Sun! When you are out in the sun for a reasonable amount of time, the sun’s UVB rays help produce vitamin D in your body. Vitamin D is needed to help promote calcium absorption in your gut and help with cell growth and immune function. Getting some sun is the best way to get vitamin D. Sunshine also boosts your levels of serotonin, which are your “happy” hormones. The next time you feel sluggish or need to improve your mood, simply get about 15 or 20 minutes of time in the sun and see how your energy level increases!
6. Turn Up The Music. If you are able to listen to music while you are at work, school, or even at home, it not only can put you in a better mood, but it can also increase your energy. One study showed that listening to music increased college student’s alertness and energy level.
7. Stand Up And Stretch. If you are sitting at a computer working on a tough or boring task, it can be hard to not lose energy. Stand up and stretch your arms, back, legs and neck. Take a deep breath through your nose, hold it for a few seconds and then it let it out slowly. Repeat this several times. It only takes 30 seconds and it can clear your head and will make you feel fresh, giving you the energy you need to get through that task.
The next time you feel low on energy or are you feeling sluggish, don’t reach for that cup of coffee or energy drink! Instead, take a quick walk or try to incorporate some of these energy boosting tips into your daily life. Your energy levels will sky rocket!
Have any other tips for helping increase your energy? Please share with us in the comments below!
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS