Your New & Improved “Icing On The Cake” – AVOCADO Frosting!
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Gosh darn it do I absolutely LOVE the people that come up with healthy recipes.
Seriously though, you and I both know how much we appreciate their tinkering in the kitchen to create delicious alternatives to our favorite sinful delights.
Whoever had the wits to create this recipe below deserves a shiny GOLD star, because what you are about to read will have you sprinting to your kitchen.
Ladies and gentlemen… let me unveil the genius alternative to regular cake frosting… wait for it…
Heck yea – double thumbs up, because you are about to make a chocolate masterpiece.
Benefits Of Avocado Frosting
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Less processed than cocoa
- Rich in antioxidants, magnesium, iron and chromium
- Helps improve your cardiovascular health
- Supports building strong bones
|Pure Maple Syrup
- Supplies some trace mineral and antioxidants
- A more natural, unrefined product than cane and other sugars
- Provides inflammation-reducing polyphenol antioxidants
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted, halved, skin removed
- About 9 ounces of avocado flesh
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup pure maple syrup, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt (appx. ¼ teaspoon)
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until thick and smooth.
2. Makes about 1 ¼ cups of frosting.
3. Use on your favorite brownies, cakes and other treats!
Looking for a health dessert recipe for this delicious frosting? Check out these delights:
But hey, come on, it’s healthy chocolate frosting – go ahead and just lick the spoon because this article is a judgement free zone.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS