You Should Use Essential Oils To Spice Up Your Home This Season
Written by: Brandi Monasco
With it being fall, I love to have my home smell just like it – the falling leaves, pumpkins, bonfires, warm apple pie, anything that smells like fall. It’s amazing!
It is never a good idea to use artificial products such as air sprays or candles. They can often be loaded with chemicals that could potentially harm yourself and your family. However, there is another way to make your home smell like fall without those chemical-laden products.
Essential oils are now a household staple. They help make your home or office smell amazing, they can be used as natural household cleaners and plus, they have health and medicinal properties.
The best and most popular way to use essential oils is to diffuse them. Essential oil diffusers disperse essential oils into fine mists throughout the air. The mist is absorbed into the body through the respiratory system.
Your brain responds through different functions, such as the release of endorphins, which are natural pain and stress fighting chemicals.
Using a diffuser is the easiest way to disperse oils and also the most lasting. A diffuser can fill a room with therapeutic aromas rather quickly. Oils are believed to improve mood, improve immunity, ease the symptoms of a cold and freshen the air.
When you think of fall, what kind of essential oils do you use? Many people think of cinnamon and even orange, but there are a TON more than just that!
Here are a few ideas for blends and sprays to get you started!
Warm Apple Pie Blend
- 2 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 2 drops clove essential oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 1 drop nutmeg essential oil
Spiced Chai Blend
- 3 drops cardamom essential oil
- 1 drop cassia essential oil
- 1 drop ginger essential oil
- 1 drop clove essential oil
Fall Room Spray
Add this to a 16 ounce spray bottle. Shake the ingredients to combine.
- 1 cup distilled water
- ¼ cup witch hazel
- 15 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops ginger essential oil
- 10 drops wild orange essential oil
- 5 drops cardamom essential oil
Fall Reed Diffuser
- ¼ cup of a light oil like apricot kernel oil or safflower oil
- 2 tbsp of alcohol
- 9 drops cardamom essential oil
- 3 drops clove essential oil
- 3 drops cassia essential oil
- 3 drops ginger essential oil
What’s your favorite seasonal smell? Do you have any essential oil blend suggestions? Please share with us in the comments below!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS