You Need To Try This Thai Mango Sticky Rice – Good Enough To Be A Main Course
Written by: Kat Gal
Hold up! You’ve got to try this Thai Mango Sticky Rice!
Seriously. I am sitting here in Thailand, in this magical country eating this absolutely delicious food and I must share it with you. I wish you could just sit next to me and try this dish. Well, technically it is a traditional summer dessert, but it is so filling and nourishing that it may as well be a main course, if you ask me.
Mangoes are one of my favorites fruits. Mangoes can alkalize your entire body, clear your skin, aid your digestion, help your vision, lower your cholesterol, promote healthy sex, fight heat stroke, lower your risk of cancer and may even help with diabetes.
Coconut milk, another main ingredient of this recipe, is just as magical. Coconut milk can lower your cholesterol, improve your blood pressure, help you to lose fat and to build muscles, improve your digestion, aid weight loss, provide you with plenty of electrolytes, prevent fatigue, fight inflammation, manage your blood sugar and prevent anemia.
Sticky rice is used in many traditional Asian and Asian-inspired dishes. Sticky rice is high in fiber, can aid your digestion, support a healthy metabolism, help your thyroid function, provide plenty of essential minerals, strengthen your lungs, strengthen your spleen and warm your limbs, preventing cold hands and feet.
Looks like this Thai dish is not only delicious, but is extremely healthy too. It is vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free as well, making it allergy-proof for most people.
- Soak your sticky rice in water that covers the rice for at least an hour, or even overnight.
- Add water to your steamer. Using a cheesecloth, cover the steam section.
- Pour in your sticky rice. Cover with the lid.
- Put it on your stove. Turn your stove on for 20 minutes.
- Directions Using A Microwave:
- If you don’t have a steamer, you may use a microwave too. Please note that while using a microwave may be convenient, the waves may kill some of the nutrients in your food.
- Soak your sticky rice in warm water that just covers the rice for about 10 minutes.
- Put your rice in a covered dish into your microwave.
- Microwave for about 3 minutes on full power.
- Stir your rice well.
- Microwave for another 3 minutes.
- Check if it’s done by stirring it around.
- Keep microwaving until it’s done, checking every 2-3 minutes.
- Cooking time may vary per microwave.
- A well done sticky rice is translucent.
- Final Steps:
- Heat the coconut milk over medium heat and stir constantly as it simmers.
- Add the coconut sugar and the salt.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour about ¾ of the hot coconut milk over the rice, then let it sit for about 5 minutes until it absorbs the milk. Your rice will feel mushy after this process.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk to your rice only when serving.
- When serving, first spoon some coconut sticky rice on your plate. Top it with some mango slices. Add some extra coconut milk on top.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Share some photos of your creations. We would love to see your photos and hear your feedback.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS