You NEED TO Try This Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Written by: Kat Gal
For the love of pie, stop right there. Just because it’s Thanksgiving, you don’t have to resort to processed sugar filled, unhealthy pies. I guarantee you that you will absolutely LOVE this raw vegan pumpkin pie. It is to die for.
Besides being raw and vegan, it also all natural, processed sugar-free, gluten-free and delicious. You will come back for seconds for sure.
The raw almonds and cashew will provide you with healthy fats and plant-based protein, keeping you filled and satisfied. Since two handfuls of cashews are the equivalent of a prescription of prozac, you should be feeling happy in no time. Almonds and cashews are also great for brain power and heart health and promote weight loss.
Dates are nature’s candy. They are naturally sweet and great for energy. Dates are full of fiber, keeping you satisfied and promote healthy digestion. They can help with the healing of abdominal cancer, sexual dysfunction, diarrhea, digestive issues, heart problems and anemia.
Last, but not least, let’s not forget about the unbelievable benefits of pumpkins. Pumpkins aid your vision, lower your blood pressure and keep your heart healthy. For men, it helps boost prostate health. After eating this pie, you will have a good night sleep, no problem since pumpkins also promote sleep.
You will be having sweet dreams about this pumpkin pie and will want seconds the next day. The problem is that it is so good, there likely won’t be any left-overs. Perhaps you should make a double-batch right away.
Here is how to make it:
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup dates (about 18 small), pitted
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup raw, unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 small pie pumpkin (4 cups), peeled and seeded
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1 medium banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw, unsweetened, shredded coconut, for topping
1. Set a 9-inch pan aside.
2. Place crust ingredients into a food processor. Process for about 1 minute until crumbly.
3. Add the ‘dough’ into a pie pan and press it gently with your finger. Put it in your fridge.
4. For filling, blend the rest of the ingredients (except for coconut topping) until smooth for a few minutes.
5. Take the pie crust out of the fridge. Pour all your filling in and spread it evenly. Sprinkle with shredded coconut. Chill it for a few hours before your guests arrive.
I hope you will try this recipe this Thanksgiving. Let us know how your family and friends liked it in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS