You NEED To Try This DIY Face Scrub
Written by: Kat Gal
I used to spend a fortune on skincare products. Toners, face scrubs, face masks – just about anything you can think of, I tried it.
Truth to be told, I’ve never had a really bad skin. I had some blackheads, the occasional pimples before my period, some oiliness here and some dryness there, but for the most part, my skin looked fine. Yet, I was convinced that I needed all those products in order to keep it at that “okay” level.
Until 3 years ago when I decided to ditch all commercial skincare products – chemical-laden and chemical-free organic products alike – and started using only homemade natural products. My skin has never felt better or been more radiant.
Natural and self-made skincare doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. In fact, it is easy and cheap.
Let me share with you my all-time favorite face scrub full of amazing Ayurvedic ingredients.
This scrub can:
- Remove your dead skin cells
- Improve your blood circulation
- Keep your skin fresh
- Keep your skin young
This scrub is:
- All natural
- Organic (if you use organic ingredients)
This amazing face scrub is full of goodies:
- Raw Honey: Honey is a powerful antimicrobial with active compounds that fight off bacteria. It helps to stop skin-irritating pathogens. The sugars in the honey increase the water content of the skin and reduce redness while also keeping your skin’s pH level balanced. Honey is also full of vitamins and minerals that get delivered directly to your skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is amazing – it is antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal and is one of the most healing superfoods out there. By adding it to your homemade face mask, it can help in reducing acne, redness and the appearance of aging. It aids in wound healing and fading pigmentation as well.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is powerful against bacteria and aids healthy blood flow. This spice is wonderful for your entire body, including your skin. It can allow your skin to clear out the bad stuff and help it become smooth.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is another superfood with healing, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Coconut oil is an incredible moisturizer. It is full of vitamin E, which is great for your skin. Coconut oil can give your skin a nourishing boost.
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
Directions: Mix these ingredients. Use as little or as much of each as you want on your skin. You can’t go wrong. Personalize it according to your needs and your own rules.
Give this face mask a try and let us know how it goes! Do you know of any other awesome facial scrubs or remedies? Feel free to share with us in the comments below!
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS