You Have To Try These Sweet Potato Brownies This Fall
Written by: Kat Gal
What are the top fall foods that come to your mind?
I bet sweet potatoes were one of them.
Sweet potatoes are not only a delicious fall food, but they are also very nutritious. They are an amazing source of vitamin A and C, copper, manganese, copper and pantothenic acid. They are also a good source of vitamin B1, B2, niacin, phosphorus and fiber.
But did you know you can make brownies with sweet potatoes?
Now you know – and you can eat dessert for dinner!
The recipe also includes some almond butter for healthy fats and protein and cacao powder, which is high in antioxidants. You can make a gluten-free version with almond flour and of course, the recipe is vegan.
Sweet Potato Brownies (Recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie)
- ¾ cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup almond butter OR allergy-friendly sub
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp flour (oat or spelt flour all work and readers have reported success with almond flour)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips + more for the top (optional)
- ⅔ cup sugar substitute of choice (xylitol works great))
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven at 325F.
2. Line some parchment paper over an 8-inch pan (or grease well).
3. Heat your nut butter until you can stir it.
4. Whisk your nut butter together with your sweet potato and vanilla extract in a bowl.
5. In another bowl mix all other ingredients together.
6. Mix dry and wet ingredients well.
7. Add your batter onto your pan then smooth it down with another parchment paper.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes. It may look a bit underdone, but it will firm up once it cools down.
Let us know how you liked this recipe. Share your experience in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS