You Are Who You Hang Out With – Attracting Positive Relationships
Written by: Kat Gal
After not having Netflix for a few years, my husband and I gifted ourselves with a new membership this year.
This definitely holds the dangers of binge-watching some of my favorite TV reruns! Like Gilmore Girls (yep, I’m a fan!).
I bet you can relate.
There is, of course, a time and purpose for binging on your favorite series. I am not going to make you stop, don’t worry. But let’s face it: it is not so productive.
Thankfully, Netflix is full of some amazing documentaries that you can actually learn from! You CAN actually watch movies and call it EDUCATION!
Here is a list of 7 documentaries you MUST add to your Netflix queue this year.
If you don’t have Netflix, you can find most of these documentaries on Youtube, Amazon Prime and other places online.
1. Food, Inc. is an absolute must-watch if you are interested in where your food is coming from. Food Inc. explores the complexities of agriculture, how food companies control the food market and what your food is really made out of.
2. Fat, Sick, Nearly Dead is one of the best documentaries out there on juicing. Joe Cross, an Australian man living on the Standard Australian Diet (not better than the Standard American one) found himself overweight, dealing with various chronic illness and walking a road towards his deathbed. Wanting to live healthy, he set a goal to go on a 90-day juice-feast while traveling around the United States talking to Americans about their eating habits, their health challenges and the benefits of juicing.
Eventually, Joe lost weight, healed his ailments and became a well-known juicing advocate. His second movie, Fat, Sick, Nearly Dead 2 is also on Netflix.
3. Fed Up is one of the most recent documentaries on the Standard American Diet and the effects of food on your body. This film has actually made it to mainstream theaters, reaching the general public who may not be searching for documentaries on holistic health just yet. The film explores underlying reasons behind the ever-growing childhood obesity epidemic and talks in detail about the dangers of processed sugar.
4. Happy explores the secrets of happiness. Everyone wants to be happy, yet not all of us are. Maybe you are searching for more happiness in your life right now. So why are some countries so happy, while others are more depressed with high rates of suicide? Why is there such a need to know the secrets of happiness and why doesn’t it come naturally to all of us? This beautiful documentary brings you all the answers you are seeking.
5. Supersize Me is a classic documentary made over a decade ago and was one of the first documentaries made on the dangers of fast food and processed food. In this documentary, Morgan Spurlock goes on the McDonald’s diet for a few months and documents how his health and body weight changes over-time – for the worse.
6. Hungry for Change was created by the makers of the popular Food Matters. The documentary explores how our society eats food-like products instead of food, which is making us sick and overweight. It discusses the dangers of processed sugar and processed food. It goes into detail about how to create lasting health, weight loss and vibrancy.
7. The Secret is all about getting everything you want in life. It is not about a go-getter business attitude, but about an abundance mentality. The promise of the film is that you can have anything and everything you want – health, happiness, love, relationships, wealth, etc. – because the Universe has an abundant supply of it. Your mind is in control, all you need to do is to create an abundance mindset and learn to manifest your dreams. Guaranteed, this documentary will leave you inspired to create your best life yet.
If you are inspired to change your life, your health and your happiness levels after these documentaries – and you should be! – we are here to help YOU!
- The FitLife.tv blog is full of amazing videos and articles that bring you valuable information to better your health and well-being with a goal to provide you the tools necessary to transform your life.
- The Organifi Green Juice Powder is your hero when it comes to juicing without a juicer. Within a few seconds you can mix up a delicious and nutritious green drink and go about your day. Find it in our store. Biotic Balance Probiotics are some of the best probiotics you can find on the market with 50 billion beneficial bacteria. I personally feel the difference from taking them.
Let us know how can we support you further! What are your biggest challenges and questions? Tell us one thing that you’ve learned from FitLife.tv. Ask for support and support others! Let’s chat – comment below.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS