Why You Should Turn Your Business Vegan In 2018
Why You Should Turn Your Business Vegan In 2018
Written by: Kat Gal
‘Vegans are from another planet.’
That’s an outdated belief. It wasn’t so long ago that vegans were mocked for being from another planet or at least from the future. Not anymore.
Veganism is going mainstream. Being vegan, vegetarian, or plant-based is actually cool, normal and healthy – not extreme and certainly not weird.
In the U.S. there are more than 16 million Americans over 17 that identify as vegan. In Great Britain, the number of vegans has increased by 360%. These numbers don’t even include vegetarians, non-vegans eating plant-based, those currently transitioning to a plant-based or a vegan lifestyle and vegan-curious folks. The interest and the numbers are growing rapidly. There has been a 90% increase in ‘vegan’ google searches in 2016 alone.
Veganism and plant-based living are here to stay, benefiting your health, the environment and of course, the animals. The industry is feeling it too.
Plant-based and vegan businesses are thriving, while the meat-, dairy- and egg-industry is starting to slowly suffer:
- Sales of plant-based foods have increased by 8.1%, topping $3.1 billion
- The global meat alternative market is predicted to reach $5.2 billion by 2020
- The global non-dairy market is estimated to reach $11 billion by 2019
- Plant-based dairy alternatives are expected to represent 40% of all dairy and dairy-alternative products
- Vegan cheeses are trending and expected to worth $104 million by 2024
- In the meantime, cow milk sales have dropped by 5% and all signs show that they will continue to drop by another 11% by 2020
- The egg industry is also suffering and producers are seeing up to a 7% drop
- The meat substitute market is projected to be worth $5.2 billion by 2020
- People like Bill Gates, Leonardo DiCaprio, Twitter co-founders, Biz Stone and Evan Williams are investing in meat alternatives
- Companies like Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods are putting an enormous amount of attention on hardcore meat-lovers, creating meat that looks, smells and most importantly smells the same as real meat
- Vegan and plant-based companies are offering more and better options every day
- Vegan “butchers” are on the rise
- Companies like Hampton Creek are perfecting vegan alternatives to eggs and mayonnaise, closely resembling the ‘real’ thing coming from animals
- 7 out of the 15 most well-funded start-ups in the food and beverage industry are plant-based
- Meat and dairy distributor companies are catching on, and Maple Leaf, Canada’s largest meat distributor has acquired two plant-based brands, Field Roast and Lightlife Foods and Nestle has bought Sweet Earth Foods
- Tyson, a U.S. meat giant has actually bought 5% stake in a plant-based meat alternative company
- Sainsbury’s, a UK dairy-giant is now offering plant-milk options
- Popular ice cream companies, like Ben & Jerry’s and Haagen Dazs have created vegan ice creams that even dairy-lovers cannot tell apart from the originals
- McDonald’s has launched its first VEGAN burger
- Companies, like Walmart and Campbell Soup Company are encouraging buyers to buy plant-based
- It’s not just about food: vegan fashion is on the rise and is a top trend in 2018
- You can find leather alternatives made from pineapple, mushrooms, kombucha, wine and apples, not to mention microfabricated leather
- There are vegan silk and vegan alternatives to wool
- You can find vegan beauty and personal care and hygiene products, vegan menstruation products, vegan household products and vegan condoms
Create A Vegan Business And Support Vegan Businesses
If you are a business owner, you should definitely think about ways to veganize your business.
If your business has nothing to do with the food and beverage industry, fashion, personal and household care, or anything that obviously can obviously go plant-based, you can still look for ways to veganize your business, including serving vegan options at your cafeteria, buying vegan products for your office and donating to vegan companies.
If you are not a business owner, support companies that are vegan and plant-based. Remember, you vote with your dollars and create a change with every penny you spend. You can always speak up and donate to vegan initiatives and businesses.
Organifi Your Life
At FitLife.TV and Organifi we believe in the power of plants. We believe in creating a better planet. Every day we work to create a healthier, happier and more sustainable world.
All of our Organifi products are vegan. They are not only vegan, but certified organic, free from GMOs, soy-free, gluten-free and dairy-free. Needless to say, they are 100% healthy, incredibly nutritious and unbelievably delicious.
- Organifi Green Juice can hydrate and revitalize your cells, boost your immune function, support your mental clarity, relieve stress, alkalize your body, naturally balance your hormones and help detoxification.
- Organifi Red Juice can ignite your metabolism, revitalize your skin, create mental clarity and fill you with antioxidants.
- Organifi Gold can calm your body, ease your mind, help your healthy response to inflammation and detoxify your body.
- Organifi Complete Protein can satisfy your taste buds, boost your digestion and aid your weight loss goals.
- Cacao Bliss can boost your mood, reduce your cravings, fill your body with antioxidants and help your weight loss goals.
- Daily Turmeric can promote a healthy response to inflammation and reduce pain in your body.
- Biotic Balance can balance your gut flora, boost your digestion and aid weight loss.
Organifi products are vegan, but not just for vegans. Plant-magic is for everyone – vegans and non-vegans alike. If you are looking for health and happiness through plant-based and vegan products, Organifi is your friend.
What are your favorite Organifi products and why? What are your favorite vegan products and vegan companies? What are your favorite vegan recipes that even non-vegans would love? Share away in the comments below. We would love to hear from you. Let’s change the world together one plant-based step at a time.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips..
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS