Why You Need To Add Black Pepper To Turmeric
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
If all that glitters is GOLD…
Then all that is uber beneficial to your health is BLACK and gold!
Let’s take a closer look at why you must add black pepper to turmeric…
What Is Turmeric?
Turmeric belongs to the ginger family and has been used in the Middle East and East India for thousands of years to help with a wide variety of conditions.
It is a vibrant spice that has a golden hue.
It is not only one of the oldest superfoods on the planet, but it also is NOW one of the most highly prized spices in the world!
What You Need To Know About Black Pepper
Aside from being used to season food, black pepper has also been used medicinally for many years.
The health benefits of any food are based on its active ingredient – and for pepper that ingredient is PIPERINE.
Piperine plays a significant role in making curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) more bioavailable for your body.
What this means is that it makes it easier for your body to absorb and benefit from the curcumin.
Now let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of combining turmeric with black pepper:
Health Benefits Of Turmeric & Black Pepper
- Curcumin can be taken to help remedy rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis and other forms of inflammation
- Compounds in both turmeric and black pepper inhibit the formation of mammosphere (a marker of breast cancer)
- Turmeric and black pepper also reduce toxicity, which can help prevent cancer
|Soothes Peptic Ulcers
- Black pepper and turmeric have beneficial effects on gastric mucosal damage (peptic ulcer)
- Curcumin inhibits the growth of H. pylori bacteria (associated with peptic ulcer disease)
- Piperine in black pepper has antioxidative effects
- Turmeric and black pepper protect against cognitive impairment
- May help improve memory in Alzheimer’s disease
- Can help reduce memory loss
What incredible benefits!
There is no doubt about it… it’s time to start using turmeric and black pepper on the daily.
Here is how you can incorporate these two power ingredients into your diet today:
How do YOU use turmeric and black pepper? SHARE with the Fitlife fam below!
Are you looking for a solution to achy joints and inflammation? Daily Turmeric is certified organic and 10x stronger than other turmeric brands! This ancient detoxifying spice has soaring levels of antioxidants and is a potent anti-inflammatory. Try it today risk free!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS