Why You Must Add Nutritional Yeast To Your Diet (Even If You’re NOT Vegan)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Congratulations, Fitlifer… you are about to receive the “golden touch!”
From salads to pastas and popcorn to smoothies – you now have the power to give them the golden treatment.
There is about to be a whole lot of 24 karat magic in the air when you get your hands on the golden granules of nutritional yeast!
What Is Nutritional Yeast?
- Made from a single-cell organism, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae.
- An inactive yeast made from beet molasses and sugarcane.
- Grown from fungi.
- Yellow/golden in color.
- Comes in flakes, granules, or powder-like form.
- Does NOT grow like baking yeast (no leavening ability).
Why Your Must Add Nutritional Yeast To Your Diet
Not only are these golden flakes incredibly easy to incorporate into your diet, but they also instantly enhance your health, because they are:
- A source of complete protein
- Filled with folates, zinc and riboflavin
- Packed with vitamins (especially B vitamins)
- Rich in niacin, thiamine and selenium
- Free from added sugars & preservatives
Health benefits of nutritional yeast include:
1. Improves Digestion
2. Boosts Your Immune System:
- Provides a healthy dose of minerals needed for proper immune function
- Stimulates your body’s production of antibodies
3. Antibacterial & Antiviral Properties:
4. Great for Your Hair, Nails And Skin:
- Complements of the abundance of B vitamins
How To Use Nutritional Yeast
Since it has a nutty and cheesy type of flavor, nutritional yeast is often used to emulate cheese in vegan dishes. It also makes a great condiment to sprinkle onto your favorite dishes.
Here are 3 ways to start using nutritional yeast today:
- Stir it into pasta, bean dishes, or soups.
- Add a tablespoon to your favorite smoothie.
- Sprinkle on top of your favorite salad.
Is nutritional yeast in your pantry? SHARE with us how you use it below!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS