Why You And Everyone You Know Should Eat A Banana Every Day
By Kirsten Cowart
Adding bananas to your daily diet can have a huge impact on your health. This superfood helps with many different body systems ranging from the heart to the digestive system. Bananas can help you with depression and can even help balance out all of the salt that you have in your food.
Whether you want to eat a banana with your breakfast each morning, keep a bunch on your desk at the office, or throw one in with your green smoothie, I definitely recommend adding this powerful food into your day.
Here are 9 reasons why bananas should become a permanent part of your life:
1. Weight Loss – Did you know that bananas help with weight loss? Eating a banana right before a meal can have two major impacts on your ability to regulate your weight.
First of all, bananas are sweet and can help you avoid sugary sweets. Secondly, half of the fiber in the banana is water soluble. This means that it will sit in your stomach and slow down digestion, making you feel full for longer. Many people have found that eating a banana before a meal helps keep them from overeating.
2. Keep Digestion Regulated – The other half of the fiber in bananas is insoluble, which means that it is great at helping your food pass through you with ease. Your digestive system will stay clean and happy while your bowel movements are soft and regular. If you have diarrhea, have a banana! They help to slow the bowels and increase the consistency of your BM’s for more comfortable elimination.
3. Heart And Nervous System Help – Bananas contain potassium, which is used to keep the body in balance. Potassium helps regulate the fluid in cells and is a crucial ingredient for nerve impulses to travel around the body properly. We all want our hearts beating good and healthily, so we need the potassium to keep our nerves balanced.
4. Night Vision – Bananas have vitamin A, which helps with the health of your eyes. The compounds that are in vitamin A help preserve the membranes in your eye that allow light to enter. Without the proper amount of light entering your pupil, you will be unable to see, especially at night.
5. Depression Reducer – Bananas contain a wonderful substance called tryptophan, which the body converts into serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps you feel happy.
6. Balance Blood Sugar During Exercise – If you have a hard time lasting through your workout, it may be because you need more blood sugar. Eating two bananas before you workout can help keep your blood sugar balanced so that you can focus longer and have the endurance you need to hit your exercise goals.
7. Strengthen Bones – Bananas have calcium and will help your body repair and strengthen your bones.
8. Anemia – The iron in bananas can help your body heal against and fight the effects of anemia.
9. Reduce Nausea And Dizziness – If you struggle with nausea or dizziness, start by eating a banana. You will be shocked at how quickly you can bounce back when your body gets the potassium and blood sugar it needs to function.
This is only the beginning of the many different benefits you will experience from eating bananas everyday. Do you keep bananas on your grocery list? Let us know in the comments below the benefits you have experienced from eating bananas.
Kirsten Cowart is a writer and researcher that has worked in the spiritual, mental health and medical fields.Kirsten enjoys studying and experiencing the benefits of yoga, meditation, nutrition, herbalism, organic gardening and alternative health.She worked hard in 2014 losing over 40 lbs. and has since maintained a healthy lifestyle.Follow her to learn more about her journey on Twitter, Facebook & Youtube!
Latest posts by Kirsten Campbell (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS