Why CHIA SEEDS Are A Kitchen MUST-Have (Plus 5 Ways To Use Them!)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Small but mighty.
That is the perfect phrase to accurately describe the power of chia seeds.
These tiny black specks may not look like much to the eye, but housed inside is a plethora of incredible health benefits.
There is no doubt about it… chia seeds are a MUST-have item in your kitchen.
What Are Chia Seeds?
- A species of flowering plant
- In the mint family, Lamiaceae
- Native to central and southern Mexico and Guatemala
- Cultivated by the Aztecs in pre-Columbian times
- Was as important as maize as a food crop (according to economic historians)
Health Benefits Of Chia Seeds
- Rich in fiber
- Great source of omega-3 fats and protein
- Packed with vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamins A, B, E and D
- Contains essential fatty acids:
- Alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Can help reduce inflammation
5 Ways To Use Chia Seeds
1. Make A Natural Energy Drink
2. BOOST Your Favorite Breakfast Foods
3. Make A Healthy Dessert
4. Create A Clean And Natural ENERGY Bar
5. Use As An Egg Substitute When Baking
- To make 1 chia “egg”: 1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes before using
What is YOUR favorite way to use CHIA SEEDS? Please tell us below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS