Which Position Should YOU Be Sleeping In?
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I’ve slept on some very questionable surfaces over the past couple of years… and let me tell you – the size, shape and softness MATTERS.
What long term traveling has done to my sleep is ONE thing, but what it has unrelentlessly taught me is that how and where you sleep will either make or break your health.
If you have woken up recently feeling like you were hit by a train or have general aches and pains upon waking up – it could be the result of your sleep position!
Check out these health issues below and see how YOU can change your health by simply changing the way you sleep.
How To Change Your Health Issues By Changing Your Sleeping Position
- Sleep in a fetal position
- AVOID sleeping on your stomach
- If you do, relieve strain by placing a pillow under your pelvis
- Place a rolled towel under the small of your back if you prefer sleeping on your back
- Sleep on your LEFT SIDE
- The left side of your body contains your lymphatic system
- Sleeping on the left side helps with proper settling of you stomach acids
- Snoring and trouble breathing while asleep are signs of sleep apnea
- To ease these symptoms, make sure to sleep on your SIDE
- Keeps your tongue and tissues from blocking your airway
- Keep your neck level by replacing your pillow with a rolled towel
- Place the towel under your neck for support
- AVOID sleeping on the shoulder that is painful
- Sleep on your other side with a large pillow next to your chest
- Rest your arm on the pillow for support
- Make sure your feet are in a relaxed position
- Do NOT tuck your sheets in too tightly at the foot on your bed
You and I both know that getting a quality night of SLEEP is uber necessary to live a vibrant and healthy life.
If you are looking for MORE tips on how to get a fantastic night of rest, check out these incredible articles from my fellow writers here at Fitlife:
What do YOU do to improve your sleep? Please tell us your BEST tip in the comment section below.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS