WHEN You Need To Drink Water Matters Too
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Drink water, drink water, drink water and drink water some more.
You’ve read the articles that hark on the importance of drinking water – and you already know that it is uber important to staying healthy and energetic.
However, did you know that WHEN you drink water also is highly significant?
To receive the optimal benefits of water, here is when you should be drinking it up:
WHEN To Drink Water
|After Waking Up
- Your body just went all night without water!
- Drink at least 2 cups of water upon waking up
- Stimulates your organs
- Helps remove accumulated waste in your body
- Drink before having your first meal of the day
|Before Eating A Meal
- Drink a glass of water 30 minutes before a meal
- Helps with proper digestion
- Also drink water 1 hour AFTER a meal to help with absorption of nutrients
- AVOID: drinking water too soon before or after a meal
- Dilutes your stomach acids
- Impairs the function of your digestion
- Your body’s fluid levels are constantly decreasing throughout your day’s activities
- If you don’t drink enough water, dehydration occurs
- Leaves you feeling tired and weak
|Before Taking A Bath
- Helps lower your blood pressure
|Before Going To Sleep
- Drink a glass of water before sleep to help replenish the fluid loss that occurs during sleep
- Your body is deprived of water while you sleep (on average 7-10 hours)
- Helps reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke while sleeping
WHY Drinking Water Matters
1. Improves Your Energy Levels
- Dehydration leaves your body feeling sluggish
- Feeling tired could be a sign of dehydration – drink up!
2. Helps With Weight Loss
- Proper hydration helps boost your metabolic rate
- Drinking water before eating a meal can cause you to eat less (because you will feel more full)
3. Detox Your Body
- Helps remove toxins through your intestines, lymphatic system and kidneys
- Helps keep your kidneys working, which are responsible for removing waste from your body
4. Helps You Think Better
- Your brain is composed of 75% water
- Tissues in your brain SHRINK when you are dehydrated
HOW To Drink Water
If you don’t already have the habit of drinking water throughout the day OR you find drinking water a bit boring, here are some ways you can mix things up:
- Squeeze fresh lemon or lime into your water and add a few drops of liquid stevia to create a delicious lemonade
- Eat more fruits and veggies that are water RICH
- Drink warm water with turmeric for a powerful health upgrade
It’s time to raise your glasses of water high and say CHEERS to staying hydrated!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS