What You Need To Know About Fenugreek
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“I can open your eyes… take you wonder by wonder…
Over, sideways and under… on a magic [culinary] ride.” – Aladdin
One of the exciting things about living a “Fitlife” is that you will constantly discover NEW ingredients – perhaps ingredients you have never even heard of before!
It will feel like a “whole new world” when you discover each ingredient – and each one will enhance and transform your life.
Let’s unearth a new fantastic point of view by taking a closer look at FENUGREEK.
Here is what you need to know:
What Is Fenugreek?
- A medicinal annual herb with small white flowers and light green leaves
- Part of the pea family
- Cultivated in North Africa, India, Egypt and the Middle East
- The plants stands 2-3 feet tall and each seed pod contains 10-20 small, flat, yellow-brown seeds
- The seeds are often dried and ground
- The leaves are used in cooking
- Used as a spice of flavoring agent in food prep
- The seeds have a slightly bitter taste and are often used to make medicine
- Cooked fenugreek has a much more pleasant taste
- Can be taken by mouth or used to form a topical paste to east inflammation
- Fenugreek extract is found in cosmetics and soaps
- Has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties
- Contains a wide variety of beneficial nutrients and powerful phytonutrients:
Health Benefits Of Fenugreek
- Both internally and externally (infections on the skin, cancer, mouth ulcers, bronchitis)
- Breaks up phlegm while cooling inflammation – releases blocked energies
- Has the potential to be a natural arthritis treatment
- Contains water-soluble fiber
- Eases upset stomach, inflammation of the stomach and constipation
- Often used in a diet to sooth ulcerative colitis
- Helps naturally lower cholesterol and hardening of the arteries
- Also is beneficial for reducing triglycerides
|Improves Exercise Performance
|Boosts Male Health
- Naturally increases testosterone and helps maintain a normal level
- Enhances the male libido by increasing sexual arousal
- Can be a remedy for hernias, baldness and erectile dysfunction
|Good For Breastfeeding Mothers
- Contains diosgenin that helps increase the amount of milk produced by the breasts
- Magnesium and vitamin content help improve the milk
- Soothes sore throats
- Relieves constipation
- Good for kidney trouble
- Alleviates menstrual discomfort
- Suppresses appetite
How To Use Fenugreek
You can consume fenugreek in a number of ways, such as:
1. Fenugreek seeds can be eaten whole
- Use it as a topping for salads and soups
2. Grind the seeds into a powder to spice dishes
3. Fenugreek leaves can be used like other leafy greens
4. Use fenugreek powder to make an energizing tea
Have you ever used FENUGREEK? SHARE with us your experience and thoughts below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS