What You Need To Know About Eggshells
By Lindsay Sibson
“Eggshells have unique medicinal properties.”
Wait a second… WHAT?
I’ve been cracking eggs and throwing out the shells my whole life!
I never realized eggshells had health benefits. However, when my recent “simple” dentist visit cost me $150, I went on an information gathering mission for natural ways to improve my oral health.
The result? I will never look at eggshells in the same way again (OR throw them away)!
Here is what you need to know about the incredible, edible eggshell.
WHAT is in an eggshell?
||magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sodium, potassium, iron, sulfur
|Essential Amino Acids
||methionine, cysteine, lysine, isoleucine
- 93% calcium content in the shell
- The most balanced and natural source of calcium
HOW can eggshells help your health?
- The composition of eggshells are similar to your teeth and can help repair your teeth from cavities as well as remineralize and regrow the damaged areas.
- The supply of calcium in eggshells promotes the activation of blood in the bone tissue. Therefore, they are highly beneficial to young children as they are growing and their bones are developing!
- Studies have shown that consuming eggshells quickens the healing of orthopedic diseases (softening of bones).
HOW to prepare eggshells:
1. Use organic, free-range eggs (to avoid chemicals and antibiotics).
2. Place egg shells in boiling water for 5 minutes. This will kill any pathogens (bacteria, viruses, parasites, etc.).
3. Air-dry shells.
4. Bake for 15 minutes in 200 degree oven for 15 minutes (ensures all bacteria are killed).
5. Use a coffee grinder to create an egg shell powder.
HOW to use the eggshell (powder):
- Mix with your morning smoothie
- Sprinkle on food
- Mix with homemade sauces
- Recommended dose: ½ teaspoon per day
How “egg-cited” are you to learn that your eggshells pack a nutrient punch? SCORE!
Share this article with your other egg loving friends now.
Source: Living Traditionally , Raw and Natural Health
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS