Can You Ever Truly Lose Your Cellulite?
By Lindsay Sibson
On a child’s face. Cute.
On an orange peel. Natural.
On my butt and thighs. Unwelcome.
What I’m referring to here are dimples. They have their place in the world, as long as that place isn’t anywhere on my body!
I first became aware of the “c-word” at the age of 18 when my best friend enviously exclaimed, “You’re so lucky you don’t have cellulite.” Now at 32, the dimples have descended upon me.
I’ve rubbed gook on my butt, drybrushed the crap out of my legs to improve circulation, squatted endlessly… all in the name of reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Here is what you need to know about cellulite:
WHAT Is It?
Cellulite is when your skin appears dimpled and lumpy as a result of underlying fat deposits. It happens when collagen fibers that attach fat to your skin tear. To learn more about what cellulite is, watch this video.
WHY you may it and WHAT you can do about it:
1. It’s In Your Genes: If your mama has it, you are more prone to cellulite as well. It may not be to the same degree or in the same areas, but the verdict is you’ll be shakin’ what yo’ mama gave ya.
2. More Common In Women: The skin make up of women is designed in a fashion that makes it easier for fat pockets to develop (parallel, pillar-like rows). Men’s skin has more connective and supportive tissue, which helps keep cellulite from appearing.
3. Drink Water: Being hydrated improves the texture of your skin, which can reduce the appearance and prevent further formation of cellulite. Yet another important reason to tip back a glass of H2O!
4. Exercise: Building muscle reduces the appearance of cellulite. Therefore, perform exercises that target your butt and legs. Here are the 3 best exercises to target cellulite.
5. Embrace Your Natural Glow: Spending too much time in the sun (or a tanning bed) makes the appearance of cellulite worse. The UV rays damage the collagen in your skin and causes cellulite to become more noticeable.
6. Food Fight: Certain foods can help your battle against cellulite. Eating foods that are high in healthy fats will stimulate fat loss in your body. Eat the following foods in moderation: avocados, nuts, seeds, olives, sardines, coconut oil, olive oil. For even more ideas, here are more foods that fight cellulite.
If you want to improve the appearance of cellulite, consistently follow the above methods and tips and watch those dimples start to disappear.
Now, go drink a glass of water, do some squats and share this article with your 3 best friends! You never know who could benefit from it!
Source: Elite Daily
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS