What You Need To Have A Great Life: 6 Essential Values
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
The more I travel the world and the more people I meet, the more I realize that there are MANY definitions of a “great life.”
You and I most likely have very different ideas about WHAT that entails.
However, regardless of these individual uniquenesses, there are fundamental values that serve as foundations for everyone.
It goes without saying that YOU want to have a great life – who doesn’t, right? I know I do!
By embodying these 6 essential values, you will surely live your BEST life ever.
6 Essential Values For A Great Life
- Forms a foundation for your life, your family and your relationships
- Connects you to your innermost desires and how they can be expressed in the world
- The ultimate value in life is love
- Includes your family and “inner circle”
- The support, guidance and encouragement from your support system is what gives you inspiration and power
- Provide you with an excellent support system
- People to share life’s experiences with
- Enrich your day to day life
- Living with a purpose
- Contributing your talents and knowledge to help and benefit others
- Sharing your unique “gift” with the world:
- Talents (art, music, science, business, etc.)
- Thoughts and ideas
- What is culture? It comprises:
- Styles of dressing
- Brings you together with others to celebrate a unique blend of characteristics. As a group, culture cultivates:
- Living “in the moment”
- Experience everything you can possibly experience
- Go on adventures
- Meet new people
- Try new activities
- Living well by taking care of yourself
- Treating your body kindly
- Exercising your mind and manifesting positivity
Do YOU have these 6 essentials? Is something “missing?”
This is where the YOU element comes in. These 6 essentials serve as a foundation for creating a great life.
However, it is important to recognize that you are a UNIQUE person. You have personal preferences – a personal and individualized life mission.
Therefore, this is where the 7th, 8th, 9th and beyond essentials come into play.
For me, I value adventure and learning. Therefore, it is essential for me to travel and continually be reading and studying new material.
WHAT is your “YOU” element?
We’d love to hear from you – please SHARE with us in the comment section below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS