WARNING: This Superfood Strawberry Smoothie Gives You A Huge Energy Boost
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Sometimes I have massive amounts of energy.
And other times I feel like a sloth wading through molasses.
Fluctuations in energy levels happen, but your life is in a constant flow of change – changes in time, changes in environment, changes in mood… and each of these factors play a key part in determining HOW you feel.
However, you can give your body a MASSIVE upgrade by flooding it with energy promoting superfoods.
No, you don’t have to go munching on grass or funky tasting tonics (unless you want to of course!).
You can infuse your body with several superfoods at once by blending up a satisfying smoothie!
This Superfood Strawberry Smoothie is designed to provide your body with the elements needed to give you a huge energy boost.
The only thing left for you to do after drinking this smoothie is to decide HOW you will use this abundance of energy!
Benefits Of A Superfood Strawberry Smoothie
- Powerful superfood
- Rich in nutrients
- Loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C
- Indulge your sweet tooth for minimal calories – a medium sized banana has about 110 calories!
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Increases your energy:
- Quickly absorbed by your body
- Rapidly metabolized as fuel (but NOT stored as fat!)
- Speeds up your metabolism:
- When you eat MCTs your metabolic conversion becomes faster
- The calories in MCTs are effectively converted into fuel for your body to use immediately
- Boosts your immune system:
- Nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid
- Potent antimicrobial properties
- High vitamin C and antioxidant content
- Low sugar content (compared to other berries)
- Rich content of omega-3 fatty acids
- Excellent source of dietary minerals
- Great source of B vitamins
- Packed with fiber
- High in quality protein
- Can help reduce inflammation
Use this smoothie recipe as a guide to whipping up some other tasty superfood smoothies. Experiment with different ingredient combinations to discover one that you LOVE. Get started by working with these superfood flavors:
How To Make A Superfood Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until well blended and smooth! Add more almond milk or water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
What will YOU add? Share with us below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS