Warm Paleo Banana Coconut Breakfast Bowl
By Brandi Monasco
Some mornings, you need something warm to eat for breakfast, but what if you are really not in the mood for oatmeal?
Try this warm Paleo Banana Coconut Breakfast Bowl!
While this may be a sweet and tasty breakfast, it is actually really healthy for you! Not only are you cutting out carbs, but the ingredients used in this breakfast bowl also each have their own health benefits.
Paleo Banana Coconut Breakfast Bowl
- 2 ripe bananas cut in coins
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ cup pecans
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a pot on your stove.
- Bananas – These have many health benefits. Bananas are high in fiber, which improves the function of your colon. They are excellent fruits that help you sleep. They contain high amounts of potassium and magnesium, which both relax your muscles. Bananas also contain tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin and melatonin, the two hormones that your body needs for sleep. They are also amazing sources of probiotics that can help with digestion.
- Coconut Milk And Shredded Coconut – Coconuts have an antifungal property that calms candida in your intestines and calcium that your body needs for building and maintaining your bones. Coconuts are also high in fiber, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 as well as iron and magnesium.
- Pecans – These help with digestive health by providing fiber. The fiber in pecans also helps with boosting heart health. Pecans contain magnesium, which provides anti-inflammatory benefits and reduces blood pressure and your risk for a stroke.
- Cinnamon – This spice is loaded with antioxidants that help protect your body from damage caused by free radicals. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and may help in lowering your risk of heart disease.
The next time you want something warm for breakfast or are even just craving something sweet, try this warm Paleo Banana Coconut Breakfast Bowl. Not only will you be satisfied, you will also get a good serving of vitamins and minerals and be fueled for the beginning of your day! Enjoy!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS