Want To Live Longer? HOW Reading Helps
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You’ve heard it all before…”an apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
While this childhood saying may have encouraged you to eat more fruits and veggies, there is a NEW phrase in town.
“A chapter a day keeps the doctor away.”
Recent studies show that READING a book for just 3 and a half hours a week could help you live a LONGER life!
Check out this 90 second video below to learn WHY reading helps you live longer:
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO
Benefits Of Reading
- Helps you gain more knowledge
- Kids exposed to reading and books at an early age score higher on overall intelligence exams
- Tip: choose a traditional book over reading on a screen
- Screen reading can slow you down by 20-30%
|Helps You Relax
|Makes You Open Minded
- Reading can help you understand others and become more empathetic
- Other benefits include:
- Being less judgemental
- Understand other people’s emotions
- Help you build strong relationships
|Reduce Your Risk Of Alzheimer’s
- Reading engages your brain and keeps your mind stimulated
- Brain INACTIVITY puts you at a higher risk of Alzheimer’s
- Use your brain often by reading every day
|Boosts Your Brainpower
- Your brain is a muscle that needs exercise to become stronger
- Reading gives your brain a great “workout”
- Benefits of reading include:
- Sharpening (and maintaining) your memory
- Lowering your risk of age-related brain function decline
- Reducing mental deterioration
What is YOUR favorite book? Please SHARE with us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS