Want To Get Your Easter Cake Fix? Try This Easter Delight
Written by: Kavata Kithome
Show of hands, how many people love carrot cake?
I may just have that special something for you (and just in time for Easter, too!). This healthy carrot cake smoothie tastes just like the real thing without the added calories and sugar and is the perfect smoothie to kick-start your morning or end your day.
But before we got on to the recipe, let’s take a look at why this smoothie is so awesome!
- Carrots – If you ask me, carrots are the perfect food, they are sweet, crunchy and juicy with a low glycemic index. They have beta-carotene and fiber and are also a good source of antioxidants. They are rich in vitamins A, C, K, B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper and manganese
- Almond milk – Helps with weight management, keeps your heart healthy, keeps your bones strong and keeps your skin glowing.
- Banana – Helps with digestion, heart health and weight loss and they contain fiber and antioxidants.
- Flaxseeds – High in fiber, omega-3s and have been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
- Coconut – Great source of healthy fats and can also convert LDL cholesterol into good cholesterol, which promotes heart health and lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Walnuts – An excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids, great source of manganese, copper molybdenum and B vitamin biotin.
- Cinnamon – Delicious and helps lower blood sugar levels and reduces heart disease risk.
- Nutmeg – Has the ability to relieve pain, soothe indigestion and strengthen cognitive function, just to name a few.
- Ginger – The benefits of this spice range from easing nausea to reducing muscle pain and soreness. It is a great anti-inflammatory agent and helps lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors.
- Cloves – Great source of antioxidants, antiseptics, local anesthetics and anti-inflammatories. They’re warming and soothing, carminative and contain anti flatulent properties.
This recipe is absolutely delicious, especially if you love carrot cake, so let’s get to it!
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Place everything in a blender starting with almond milk and ending with ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and top with walnuts and additional coconut.
Alright then, you have the recipe and the reasons why it is an absolute must in your smoothie recipes book, so what are you waiting for? Go whip up a smoothie for you and your loved ones right now! Take a picture and share in the comments below!
“Easter is not a time for groping through dusty, musty tomes or tombs to disprove spontaneous generation or even to prove life eternal. It is a day to fan the ashes of dead hope, a day to banish doubts and seek the slopes where the sun is rising, to revel in the faith which transports us out of ourselves and the dead past into the vast and inviting unknown.” – Author Unknown
Enjoy and Happy Easter!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS