Vinegar + Bath = The Ultimate Relaxing DETOX
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I love me a good tubby.
There is something so divine about soaking your body in warm water, taking a few deep breaths as the tension in your body slips away and getting those few minutes of absolute bliss where you don’t have a care in the world.
Oh, the power of taking a bath!
BATHS – they are not just for kids, ya know.
Baths are relaxing, detoxing and can have a slew of other health benefits.
Perhaps you’ve used a “bath bomb,” epsom salt, or coconut oil (I know I have!)… but there is another simple ingredient in your kitchen right NOW that can upgrade the health benefits of your bath TONIGHT.
So, what is it?
Hmmmm, interested? Me too! Read on to learn more about the power of taking vinegar baths:
Benefits Of Vinegar Baths
By adding apple cider vinegar (ACV) – a versatile natural remedy – to your bath, you receive the following benefits:
|ACV Contains Vitamins And Minerals
- Natural source of B-vitamins, vitamin C and trace minerals
- Nourishing for your skin and hair
- Your skin is your largest organ, by soaking in a tub you absorb these nutrients
- ACV is naturally acidic
- Helps restore the balance of your skin’s pH
- Internally, ACV has an alkalizing effect
- Beneficial acids and vitamins can help relieve joint pain
|Minimize Body Odor
- Bacteria and sweat mix together and create body odor
- Thrives in warm and moist places, such as your armpits
- ACV helps kill bacteria, which results in reducing odor
- Diluted ACV can work as a powerful deodorant when dabbed onto your underarms
|Tames Skin Problems
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Helps naturally kill bacteria and fungus on your skin
- Can help relieve eczema and other skin conditions
- Effective treatment for acne
- Antibacterial properties help remove zits
- Dab AVC on problem areas before bedtime
- Can be used as a remedy for athlete’s foot and warts
How To Take A Vinegar Bath
- Fill your bathtub with hot water (use a temperature that is enjoyable for you).
- Add 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar.
- Use a washcloth to gently clean your face.
- For shiny hair, soak your head as well, making sure to get your hair wet
- Stand up and rinse yourself off with a cool shower
- Allow the vinegar water to dry on your skin to allow the nutrients to soak in
Ahhhhh pure relaxation!
While you are enjoying a nice long soak in your vinegar bath, it’s a great time to read up on OTHER incredible uses for apple cider vinegar. As I said before, this liquid gold is VERY versatile. Check out these other terrific Fitlife.tv articles:
Don’t forget to pass on the power of vinegar baths by SHARING this article with your network now!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS