Vegan Taco “Meat” That Will Dominate Taco Night
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Your taste buds won’t know the difference when you sink your teeth into this delicious VEGGIE-based taco mixture.
From its bold flavors to its meat-mocking consistency, your VEGAN taco night is about to become a whole lot tastier with “cauli-room meat.”
Cauliflower + mushrooms + walnuts = vegan taco meat your family won’t be able to resist!
Benefits Of Cauli-Room Taco Meat
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Source of vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and manganese
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Improves blood pressure and kidney function
- A good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development
- Has dietary fiber, which supports proper digestive health
- Aids in detoxification
- Promotes the maturation of immune system cells
- Enhances your body’s immunity
- Leads to better defense against invading microbes
- Nutrient dense with no fat or cholesterol
- Minimal carbohydrates
- Contains a healthy amount of fiber
- Mushrooms contain tons of vitamin B2 and B3
- Rich source of antioxidants and calcium
- Full of plant-based omega-3 fats
- Contains high amounts of copper, biotin and manganese
- Loaded with antioxidants that fight free radicals
- Supports brain and heart health
How To Make Cauli-Room TACO Meat
Or make your own taco seasoning by mixing together:
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, lightly pulse the mushrooms to create a rice-like texture.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Pulse the walnuts to the same texture and pour into the bowl.
3. Cut the cauliflower head into small pieces (removing the core and leaves first).
4. In the food processor, pulse the cauliflower to the same consistency as the mushrooms and walnuts.
5. Stir in soy sauce and stir the mixture until well combined.
6. On parchment lined baking sheets, evenly spread the mixture.
7. Stir the mixture to ensure even baking.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and scoop into your favorite taco shell.
Don’t forget the toppings! Finishing off our yummy meatless tacos with:
What will YOU top off your tacos with? TELL US below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS