VEGAN Eggnog Recipe: Packed With Nutrients, Antioxidants And MORE!
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
It’s the most wonderful (and indulgent) time of the year!
From feasts and festivities, to cakes and carbs… the holiday season is certainly a season of eating, drinking and being merry.
Celebrate the holidays without compromising your health and fitness goals by simply making homemade versions of your favorite festive flavor.
Take this vegan eggnog – it’s FULL of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and will leave you feeling energized and satisfied!
Benefits Of VEGAN Eggnog
- Has a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assists with blood sugar control
- Reduces hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Rich in potassium, a mineral essential to a range of basic physiological processes
- Great source of dietary fiber
- Contains copper, an essential trace mineral that helps your body absorb and use iron to form red blood cells
- Indulge your sweet tooth for minimal calories – a medium sized banana has about 110 calories!
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- Helps stabilize blood sugar
- Contains powerful antioxidants called polyphenols
- Proven to alter body composition
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Can help reduce the accumulation of belly fat and speed up your metabolism
- Has antifungal properties and can help fight against chronic candida
How To Make VEGAN Eggnog
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium pitted dates, soaked
- 2 medium frozen bananas, ripe
- ½ tsp natural vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
Instructions: Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy, about 60 to 90 seconds.
Pour the eggnog into your favorite festive glass and ENJOY!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS