VEGAN BBQ Pulled Pork-less Sandwiches That Even Meat-Eaters Will LOVE
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Fall, football and food.
It’s that time of the year when these 3 go hand-in-hand-in-hand.
There is something about Game Day food that makes your tastebuds anticipate endless tasty touchdowns.
However, many of these yummy staples are meat-heavy, fried, or overly processed.
Make your own Game Day favorites at home for a healthier and vegan-friendly option… such as these divine BBQ Pulled Pork-less sandwiches!
How To Make BBQ Pulled Pork-less Sandwiches
|For The Pork-less Mixture
- 5 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sea salt
|For The BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or substitute coconut or date sugar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cilantro
Or use your favorite store-bought organic BBQ sauce (such as THIS ONE)
1. Preheat oven to 385 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease the pan to prevent sticking).
2. Shred the carrots using a grater or food processor and thinly slice the onion.
3. Place the carrots and onion on the baking sheet and drizzle in oil.
- Toss them in oil until even coated.
- Grate fresh ground pepper over the mixture.
4. Cover the pan with foil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Every 10 minutes, shake the pan so everything roasts evenly.
- When the carrots and onions are soft and lightly caramelized, remove from the oven.
To make the sauce:
1. Combine all BBQ sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
To make the sandwiches:
1. Pour the BBQ sauce into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir frequently to avoid burning the sauce.
2. Add roasted carrot and onion to the pan and stir until covered in sauce.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Scoop onto your favorite toasted bun and ENJOY!
Another VEGAN delish-dish that will have you coming back for MORE. Yum!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS