Avocado Strawberry Salad: Anti-Inflammatory and Requires Minimal Effort
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Nothing screams summer more than enjoying a sweet salad in the sun.
There is something about the heat that causes your body to beg for a fresh, crispy and cool meal.
You’ve had your typical lettuce and veggies mix… or maybe even tossed in some kale. The options are endless when it comes to creating salads!
With a little creativity, you can give a traditional salad a unique and delicious twist.
That is EXACTLY what this fresh take is on a caprese salad. By simply swapping out a few of the traditional ingredients, this Vegan Avocado Strawberry Caprese will have your tastebuds singing its praises… not to mention giving your body a healthy dose of vitamins, minerals and healthy fats.
Benefits Of Vegan Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion.
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body.
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels.
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Excellent source of antioxidant-promoting vitamin C and manganese.
- Good source of dietary fiber, iodine and folate.
- Rich in copper, potassium, biotin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B6 and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Excellent source vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K.
- Good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus.
- Contain an incredible amount of antioxidants.
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Source of vitamin K, vitamin A and other powerful antioxidants.
- Contains oils and flavonoids that protect the body from illness and infection.
This creamy, sweet and tangy take on a caprese salad will definitely become your favorite go-to summer salad.
Vegan Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- For the sauce:
- In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer over medium heat
- When the vinegar starts to simmer, reduce the heat
- Simmer for 6-10 minutes until the vinegar thickens
- For the salad:
- In a bowl, add the strawberries, tomatoes, avocado and basil
- Add the oil and gently toss until the ingredients are coated
- Season with salt and pepper
- Slowly pour on all of the balsamic reduction
- Serve right away and ENJOY!
- Additional toppings:
- Customize your Vegan Avocado Strawberry Caprese by adding your own desired “extras,” such as:
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped nuts
Source, Image Source
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS