Use This Easy Baking Soda Scrub To Clear Pesky Zits And Other Skin Issues
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I sincerely admire people that have the willpower to NOT pop a whitehead zit.
The first slight sign of a pimple and I am on it like Inspector Gadget – all while problem solving the best way to get rid of it STAT.
One way to keep your face clean and clear of zits and other skin issues is to regularly give it a healthy and gentle scrub.
This simple baking soda scrub is gentle and easy to use everyday… and is a champ at banishing skin problems (especially those pesky pimples).
Why Use a Scrub?
- Buffs away dead skin cells and dry skin, leaving your skin smooth and fresh
- Breaks up pigmented cells and can reduce the appearance of dark spots
- Helps get rid of clogged pores by drawing out the congestion that causes blackheads/whiteheads
- Breaks down and drains toxins from your skin
How This Scrub Works
- Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps kill the microbes that cause acne
- Reduces inflammation
- Draws out excess oil from your skin and unclogs pores
- Maintains your skin’s pH, giving it a healthy glow
- Acts as an excellent exfoliator
- Helps remove dark spots and regenerate new skin cells
- Antibacterial due to the lauric acid
- Calms and soothes your skin
- Moisturizes deeply by easily seeping into your skin pores
- Preserves the smoothness of your skin
- Helps keep your skin wrinkle-free
|Tea Tree Oil
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Kills bacteria and viruses
- Protects pores from getting infected
- Helps with fungal growth and reduces inflammation
How To Making Simple Baking Soda Scrub
What You Need:
1. In a small glass jar with a lid, stir and mix together all of the ingredients. Store in a dry place for up to a month (avoid getting water in the scrub container as it will weaken the solution).
2. To use: Wash your face and body as usual and rinse well using hot water to open your pores.
- Scoop out an ample amount of the scrub and massage into your face/body for 5 minutes using a circular motion.
- Rinse off the mixture and pat dry.
Use this scrub as needed to give your skin the freshest feeling.
If you want to give your skin some added silkiness, rub on a few drop of coconut oil for a glowing appearance!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS