Upgrade Your Hot Chocolate With This Healthy, Cuddly Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Also known as “sweater weather.”
Also known as rain, storms, snow, ice and anything below 70 degrees (at least for me. I simply can’t deal with the cold).
When the temperature drops or those wild storm clouds roll in, there is nothing better to do than stop, drop and make yourself a heartwarming mug of hot chocolate. Mmmmm, did you also get warm and fuzzy picturing this delightful scene?
And what about those chilly mornings when you are heading to the gym for a sweat sesh?
No worries, I got you covered. It’s as easy as upgrading your hot chocolate with a scoop of protein powder!
Check out the benefits and recipe below:
Benefits Of Upgraded Hot Chocolate
- Proteins are the main building blocks of your body
- Used to make tendons, skin, organs, hormones and more
- Without adequate protein, your body can’t put together these structures
- Protein create substances needed for:
- Cardiovascular function
- Muscle contraction
- Helps you gain muscle and increase strength
- Improves satiety
- Is the most fulfilling macronutrient
- Encourages the loss of body fat and weight by boosting your metabolism
- Contains an incredible range of amino acids
- Contains a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Ideal alternative for people who are lactose intolerant
- Boosts your immune system
- Helps in reducing and maintaining blood pressure
- Strengthens muscles, skin and organs
- Full of magnesium
- Needed for over 300 enzyme reactions in your body
- Helps to combat and minimize the effects of stress (your body depletes magnesium under stress)
Looks like it is time to grab a plush blanket and your favorite book and cuddle up with a warm cup of this upgraded hot chocolate.
How To Upgrade Your Hot Chocolate With Protein Powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1-2 squares of dark chocolate (at least 80% cacao)
- 8 ounces of almond milk
- Alternative: water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Add your protein powder to the almond milk or hot water.
- Stir in vanilla extract .
- You can also add a sweetener of your choice (stevia, raw honey).
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top for an added health boost!
Because everyone loves a good cuddle… spread the warmth by SHARING this article with your loved ones now!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS