UPGRADE Your Favorite Guacamole Recipe With KALE
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You are cordially invited to witness the holy guac-kale-mole matrimony of avocado and kale.
As if guacamole couldn’t become any MORE of a delicious suitor… add a handful of KALE and you have yourself an even HEALTHIER dip to devour with your favorite chip.
Repeat after me: “I [state your name], take you, guac-kale-mole, to be my lawfully healthy snack… to have and to hold… till last bite do we part.”
Congratulations – you are about to embark on a lifetime of snack-happiness once you whip up this yummy recipe!
Benefits Of “Guac-Kale-Mole”
- One of the most nutrient dense foods
- Can help lower cholesterol
- Great source of vitamin K
- Packed with antioxidants
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Helps with the digestion of food
- Protects your eyes from aging and infection
- Rejuvenates skin
- Prevents heart disease
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Helps prevent and reduce common illnesses
- Helps cleanse toxic metals from your body
- Packed with antioxidants
- Increases your energy and helps with weight loss
- Excellent source vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K
- Good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus
- Contain an incredible amount of antioxidants
- Helps improve immunity
- The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C
- Onions contain chromium
- Assists in regulating blood sugar
- Reduces inflammation and helps infections
How To Make “Guac-Kale-Mole”
- 5 kale leaves, destemmed and finely chopped
- 4 medium avocados
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, cored and finely chopped
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup roma tomato, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
Tip: Use a food processor to help finley chop everything – it will save you time!
1. Place the garlic in the food processor and pulse until minced.
2. Add the cilantro, jalapeno and onion and pulse until finely chopped.
3. Add the avocado and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Place this mixture into a medium size bowl.
4. Roughly chop the kale leaves and place into the processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the kale and tomato to the avocado mixture.
5. Stir ALL ingredients until well combined.
This recipe yields about 2 cups.
Storage TIP: To keep it from turning brown, lay a piece of plastic wrap over the top and gently pat it down to remove air. Seal with an airtight lid (consume within 3 days).
Looking for something healthy to dip into this delicious “guac-kale-mole”? Try one of these:
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS