Add These Coconut Milk Ice Cubes to Your Coffee to ACCELERATE Fat-Burning and Energy Production
By Lindsay Sibson
I have found soul mates.
Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with my future prince charming.
What I’m referring to is a match made in health heaven.
Coffee + Coconut Milk = True LOVE.
Separately, both coffee and coconut milk are absolutely delightful and make excellent additions to your daily diet.
BUT, marrying the two together? O – M – G. Shut up and take my money.
These ice cubes can be made ahead of time and be ready for you to drop into your favorite cup o’ joe.
Let’s check out WHY Coffee with Coconut Milk Ice Cubes is about to tantalize your tastebuds and soothe your soul!
What Is Coconut Milk?
- It isn’t actually “milk” at ALL!
- A liquid that is naturally found inside of mature coconuts.
- Stored within the coconut “meat.”
- When a coconut is cracked open, a milky white substance is present (coconut water). Once blended with the coconut meat and then strained, it results in a thicker form of liquid, coconut “milk.”
- Has a creamy texture and light natural sweetness.
Benefits Of Coconut Milk:
- Highly nutritious and rich in vitamins C and E.
- Packed with minerals: iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
- Loaded with fiber.
- Great source of B vitamins and healthy minerals.
- Contains beneficial fat called lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is easily absorbed into your body and used for energy.
- Adds richness to your food in a way that mimics heavy cream.
How To Make Coconut Milk Ice Cubes:
1. Shake your coconut milk really well before opening.
- Once opened, stir or blend the coconut milk before pouring it into an ice cube tray. This will make sure that it freezes evenly.
2. Place the coconut ice cube tray into your freezer for about 3 hours.
3. Add 2-3 cubes to your organic cold brew coffee. As the ice cubes melt, your coffee will become creamier – YUMMY!
- Add them to your morning smoothies.
- Melt them into curries.
- Blend with frozen banana pieces to create “ice cream.”
You can also get creative with your cubes by adding flavors you enjoy:
- Stir cinnamon into the coconut milk before your pour it into the ice cube trays.
- Add a few drops of liquid stevia (I’m currently obsessed with the hazelnut liquid stevia – it creates some true coffee perfection!).
Spring and summer are right around the corner and these cold and creamy coconut milk ice cubes will be the perfect addition to your coffee to help you cool down.
Don’t forget to SHARE this recipe with the coffee lovers in your life!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS