Turmeric Cooler – The Juice That Can Save You From Buying Advil
Article source: Food Babe
When I found this organic turmeric at the grocery store the other day, I squealed like a little pig!
That’s because this is probably the most powerful root on the planet and just the thought incorporating it even more in my diet is a dream come true.
I knew the first thing I wanted to do with the turmeric was kiss it… haha, just kidding.
Actually, I wanted to make juice!
Turmeric is super powerful at reducing inflammation in the body naturally – without drugs – i.e. Advil, etc.
Did you know that the inactive ingredients in different forms of Advil include artifical food coloring made from petroleum, artificial sugars, sodium benzoate, GMO’s, propylene glycol and parabens?
When I had a bad accident a couple of years ago, I did not take ibuprofen long term or any other prescribed drugs, I took turmeric extract in pill form to allow my body to heal naturally and ease the pain of my injury. And I would not be sharing this story, unless it freaking worked! To this day – whenever I have an ailment – I turn to turmeric.
But that’s just the icing on the cake – Turmeric can also be used a preventative measure against a myriad of diseases, not just treat a specific aliment.
This is evidenced by what Dr. Andrew Weil shares below:
Reviewing some 700 studies, Duke concluded that turmeric appears to outperform many pharmaceuticals in its effects against several chronic, debilitating diseases, and does so with virtually no adverse side effects. Here are some of the diseases that turmeric has been found to help prevent or alleviate:
- Alzheimer’s disease: Duke found more than 50 studies on turmeric’s effects in addressing Alzheimer’s disease. The reports indicate that extracts of turmeric contain a number of natural agents that block the formation of beta-amyloid, the substance responsible for the plaques that slowly obstruct cerebral function in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Arthritis: Turmeric contains more than two dozen anti-inflammatory compounds, including sixdifferent COX-2-inhibitors (the COX-2 enzyme promotes pain, swelling and inflammation; inhibitors selectively block that enzyme). By itself, writes Duke, curcumin – the component in turmeric most often cited for its healthful effects – is a multifaceted anti-inflammatory agent, and studies of the efficacy of curcumin have demonstrated positive changes in arthritic symptoms.
- Cancer: Duke found more than 200 citations for turmeric and cancer and more than 700 for curcumin and cancer. He noted that in the handbook Phytochemicals: Mechanisms of Action, curcumin and/or turmeric were effective in animal models in prevention and/or treatment of colon cancer, mammary cancer, prostate cancer, murine hepatocarcinogenesis (liver cancer in rats), esophageal cancer, and oral cancer. Duke said that the effectiveness of the herb against these cancers compared favorably with that reported for pharmaceuticals.
So now that I’ve hopefully convinced you to try this root…. I need to tell you that juicing turmeric can be really tricky. If you use too much – the juice can end up very bitter and not at all pleasant to drink.
I experimented with a few different blends that don’t use fruit juice or sugar (like most recipes call for) because I wanted to find a way to drink this all the time without having to consume the additional added sugar.
The blend that worked is so REFRESHING. The coolness of the cucumber and romaine worked like a charm…. I hope you can find fresh turmeric root where ever you are… because this juice is the BOMB.
If you are like me, sometimes you can get in a juicing rut. I am so glad to have this new medicinal cocktail in my repertoire…. if you know someone who could benefit from incorporating this juice into their diet – please tell them about it and share this recipe with them.
Food Babe's Turmeric Cooler Juice
- 2 inch piece of turmeric
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- 3 carrots
- 1 cucumber with ends removed
- 1 lemon with peel removed
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly and place into a large bowl
- Juice each vegetable in this order – turmeric, romaine, carrots, lemon, and cucumber
- Stir mixture before serving
- Clean juicer immediately
*Please buy all organic ingredients if possible*
The feeling of not having to buy that little blue package of Advil is quite incredible and something everyone should experience!
Article source: Food Babe
Image source: Brit
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury.
It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS