Try These Vegan Green “Meatballs”
Written by: Kat Gal
You must try these amazing vegan and gluten-free ‘meatballs’ or shall I say, ‘greenballs.’
They are super green and super healthy.
These ‘greenballs’ are completely gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, sugar-free, yeast-free and vegan.
They are so healthy too:
- The broccoli will not only sneak some veggies into your diet, but is also great for your nervous system, bone health, blood pressure, immune system, eye health and heart.
- The flax egg and the pumpkin flour can boost your body with much needed omega-3 fatty acids to reduce inflammation and give your body extra protein.
- The oats can reduce your sugar cravings, lower your bad cholesterol, protect your heart, aid your immune system and prevent cancer.
- Onions and garlic are detoxifying, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal superfoods.
- All ingredients are filled with fiber and help your digestion.
Most importantly, these ‘greenballs’ are just super delicious. They are great as a side with any salad, vegetable dish, rice or quinoa. You can eat them in a bread or a salad wrap. But they serve as a fantastic snack dipped into hummus and other dips too.
This recipe is courtesy of our Hungarian friends at The Puur.
Bonus tip: If you want to add some extra greens, vitamins and minerals to these delicious ‘greenballs,’ you can add a scoop of Organifi Green Juice powder to the recipe. You won’t regret it.
Green Vegan “Meatballs”
- Turn on the oven at 390F.
- Clean the broccoli florets and steam them for 2-3 minutes.
- Make your flax eggs.
- Clean the onions and garlic.
- Add your broccoli, flax egg, onion and garlic to a food processor. Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano and other spices. Process well.
- Add the flours and the oats and mix it all with a spoon.
- Taste and add more spices if you want to.
- Roll little balls out of the mix.
- Place them on a tray on parchment paper.
- Bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Serve it with salad, vegetables, rice, GF pita bread, or hummus.
How will you serve these ‘greenballs?’ Share your ideas in the comments below, we would love to hear from you. Post some photos on social media and tag us!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Kat Gál is a holistic health writer who helps health, wellness, and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a freelance writing mentor teaching wanna-be-freelancers how to make a living writing at freelancewriterschool.com. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com or katgalwriter.com. Visit freelancewriterschool.com for freelance writing tips. Follow me on Instagram @freelancewriterschool and on Facebook at facebook.com/katgalwriter.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS