Try These Sweet Potato Fries This Fall
Written by: Kat Gal
There are those days when you just want fries. They are crunchy yet soft, warm and satisfying and somehow, they bring joy to the heart.
Wait a minute? Aren’t fries bad for you?!
Not if they are homemade with sweet potatoes.
Lucky you, sweet potatoes are not only in season, but are deliciously nutritious too.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A, C, B6, D, iron and magnesium. They are wonderful for your immune system, protect against cancer and promote relaxation. They do not raise your blood sugar and they are satisfying to your belly and your soul.
Sweet potatoes are also very versatile. You can bake, steam, roast, puree and grill them, use them as a side, put them on a sandwich or make soup out of them. But since we were talking about fries, here is a delicious and easy sweet potato fries recipe. It is great as a side, but you can indulge in them by themselves as well (they’re that good!).
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cleaned, scrubbed, dried
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Fresh rosemary, enough to cover a baking sheet
1. Preheat your oven at 400F.
2. Put parching paper on your baking sheet or spray it with coconut or olive oil.
3. Spread the rosemary over the baking sheet.
4. Mix your spices together (you can get creative and use chili powder, cumin, nutritional yeast, oregano, etc. Whatever spices you may desire; 1 tsp each).
5. Slice your potatoes lengthwise into ½ inch strips. Leave the skin on (or remove if you prefer it that way).
6. Lay your potatoes on the baking sheet and season with your spice mixture.
7. Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil if desired, but don’t go overboard.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes. Stir it around then bake for another 20 minutes or so until golden.
9. Brush off the rosemary before serving.
Now get to the kitchen and start cooking! If you have any delicious sweet potato recipes, share them in the comments below. We would love to learn some great recipes from you.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS