True Love Exists, Thanks To This Vegan Mozzarella Cheese Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I’m a strong independant woman.
That is for sure.
I’ve managed to travel the world solo for the past three years!
Let’s just say I don’t need anyone to hold my hand and lead the way…
That is, unless, I am walking down the cheese aisle in the grocery store. Freaking grab that hand and hold on tight, please!
Mmmmm cheese. I want it ALL and I want to eat it NOW.
Apparently I am not alone, considering studies have shown that eating cheese triggers your brain much like hard drugs do – and can lead to “addiction” (yikes!).
Time for an alternative! This vegan mozzarella cheese will tantalize your taste buds all while honoring your health.
Health Benefits Of Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Rich in iron, copper and zinc
- Manganese content supports your metabolism
- Can help improve your cognitive ability
- Contains antioxidants that combat free radicals
- Has a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assists with blood sugar control
- Reduces hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Increases your energy:
- Speeds up your metabolism:
- When you eat MCTs your metabolic conversion becomes faster
- Boosts your immune system:
- Nearly 50% of the fatty acids are lauric acid, which have potent antimicrobial properties
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
Cheese OH cheese, I think I’m in LOVE!
How To Make Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp + ¾ tsp granulated onion
- 1 ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp granulated garlic (NOT fresh)
- ⅛ tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp + 1 ¼ tsp agar powder
- 1 ⅞ cup water, divided
- 1 tsp tahini (optional for additional flavor)
- Place ALL ingredients in a blender (minus 1 ¼ cups water and agar).
- Process on high speed until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender and blend again until everything is well combined and creamy.
- In a saucepan, add 1 ¼ cup water and agar.
- Heat over medium high until boiling. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Add the agar/water mixture to the blender (scrape the pan to ensure ALL of the mixture goes in).
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an oiled glass container, cover and place in the refrigerator until set (about 4 hours).
Add a bit of sliced tomatoes and fresh basil with this vegan mozzarella cheese and you will surely be head over heels.
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS