Top Superfoods That Can Boost Your Health Today
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Not all food is created equal… but you knew that already, because you are on a mission to live your healthiest life ever, right?
However, did you know that not all health food is created equal either?
Just like you get a major health upgrade when you switch from eating processed foods to fresh foods, you can ALSO achieve a significant health upgrade by adding SUPERFOODS into your diet.
What is great about superfoods is that you get a lot of “bang for your buck” in regards to the simplicity of adding these items to your diet. Most can easily be scooped into your morning smoothie or sprinkled over your salad at lunch. No need to make it difficult or complicated to incorporate these incredible foods into your daily life!
What Is A SUPERFOOD?
To be deemed as a “superfood,” the item must be a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and wellbeing.
Benefits Of The Top 10 Next-Level Superfoods
- A complete protein source with all 21 amino acids.
- Delivers most of the B complex vitamins.
- Has 5-7 times MORE protein content than beef.
- ADD it to your diet: place a scoop into your morning smoothie.
- Known for its energizing qualities.
- Can help balance hormones.
- Provides sustained energy throughout the day.
- Loaded with minerals, enzymes, trace elements and phytonutrients.
- A type of algae, which provides an easy way to get necessary nutrients.
- ADD it to your diet: 1 teaspoon stirred into water provides 4 grams of protein OR try it in tablet form.
- Less processed than cocoa.
- Rich in antioxidants, magnesium, iron and chromium.
- Helps improve your cardiovascular health.
- Supports building strong bones.
- About the size of a grape and is a reddish color.
- The most concentrated source of vitamin C on the PLANET!
- Has immune system-boosting powers.
- Helps with wounds and tissue repair.
- Great source of energy.
- High vitamin C and antioxidant content.
- Low sugar content (compared to other berries).
- ADD it to your diet: Sprinkle them on top of your salad or oatmeal.
- Vegan friendly way to get your protein.
- Loaded with iron, amino acids, vitamin E and omega- 3s.
- Provides more healthy essential fatty acids than other nuts and seeds.
- High in calcium.
- Packed with amino acids.
- Contain healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats.
- Help keep your skin glowing and youthful.
- Benefits your skin by increasing collagen.
- High concentration of calcium.
- Has the same nutritious benefits as leafy greens.
- Rich in iron, antioxidants and vitamin A.
- Less bulky than eating a lot of vegetables.
Start by taking 1-3 of these superfoods and add them into your diet TODAY. The great thing about these superfoods is that they are extremely versatile! You can add them to your salads, soups, smoothies, juices, you name it!
Do you have a creative way that you use any of these items? Please SHARE with us in the comment section below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS