Top 5 Ways to DETOX Your Belly
Written by: Cassie Zeider
The world we live in is FILLED with toxins and there are only more and more developing as we speak. From the air we breathe having less oxygen, to the water we drink being full of many more toxic chemicals, to the food we eat being sprayed with pesticides – we are surrounded.
One thing’s for sure, we can’t stop breathing, drinking water or eating food and manage to survive, so we need to find a way to do these things with as little chemical and toxin consumption as possible.
Toxins cause inflammation in the body and inflammation causes us to hold on to unwanted fat cells and for some reason this always happens in the belly. It can cause you to not be able to lose weight if you add stress to the toxins you have in your body.
Here are my top 5 tips to detox your belly and prevent toxins from entering your body.
1. Drink half your bodyweight in ounces of distilled water adding in electrolytes in the form of pink Himalayan crystal salt. Just a pinch is enough to reap the benefits when done regularly.
2. Sleep 7-8 hours a night on a regular consistent basis. This helps even more if you have a set bedtime and a set time to wake-up time each day, because your body gets used to the routine and you hold on to less stress in your body. Bonus if you can do this without an alarm clock!
3. Find houseplants that naturally detox the air in your house. For a list of houseplants, go to my page and view the pinned post.
4. When buying foods, stick to whole foods, skip anything that is man made in a package, bag, box, can, etc. Go for the fresh fruits and veggies and choose organic or, even better, go to a local farmers market and buy from them – you’ll know where your food is grown and be able to ask the farmers questions about your food.
Think about joining a local CSA program that provides fresh fruits and veggies or meat in the summers or even year round!
5. Use natural cleaning supplies. I’m not sure when the last time you looked at the ingredient list on pledge, windex, or any other cleaning supply you use was, but most likely it’s loaded with chemicals. How about your laundry detergent? Shampoo? Hairspray? There are companies that make household items WITHOUT the toxin filled chemicals that can harm our bodies. There are also ways to make homemade supplies where you know the ingredients in them and that they are safe for you and your family!
I hope you are able to use these 5 tips to begin to detoxify your life. You will notice that your body will respond to natural ways just fine. It may take some getting used to, some changes in thinking or how you shop, but your health will thank you!
Cassie Zeider is a Certified Health Coach, Mother, Daughter and Friend. She is passionate about food and how it relates to the body. Weight loss, digestion and hormones are her favorite topics, but she loves stress release as well. She focuses on a whole body approach to health.
Latest posts by Cassie Zeider (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS