Top 5 Natural Ways to Increase Libido in Men
By Steve Fillmore
When we think of libido in men, we may think of a young man at his peak; always thinking of sex and running rampant with his horny, raging hormones. Typically, young men are at the height of their testosterone production. According to a Mayo Clinic study, testosterone peaks during adolescence and early adulthood and then declines up to 1% per year after age 30.
In an Australian study reported at the 2011 Annual Endocrine Society Meeting, a man’s old age alone doesn’t cause a decline in testosterone. They are finding that a man’s health and lifestyle habits can affect testosterone levels, as well as things such as smoking, lack of exercise, obesity and depression.
So what is a man over the age of 30 suppose to do?
Here are just 5 ways to boost your libido naturally:
1. Exercise – According to Dr. Mercola, short bursts of high intensity exercises are best. So you are looking at exercises likes sprints, “Boot Camp” style workouts and famous programs such as Insanity and P90X.
2. Almonds – These little nuts are full of ghrelin that helps stimulate the pituitary gland. They also contain essential fatty acids that assist you in the making of testosterone and sperm.
3. Fenugreek – This little herb has been found to increase libido by 25% or more.
4. Garlic – Great to keep away the vampires! But also great for blood flow to those sexual organs; you need good blood flow to have great libido!
5. Bananas – They’re not just for a monkeys. Bananas contain bromelain enzymes, which reverse impotence in men, as well as contain riboflavin, which gives men energy.
So guys, there’s no excuse for not feeling sexy in bed again! Get off your tush and start a regular workout routine and try incorporating some of the other tips in the process.
Chomp on a few almonds, or make some fenugreek garlic dip!
And let’s not forget that banana! We’ll leave that one to your imagination and your significant other.
- 2 Tbsp fenugreek powder
- ½ c chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ c olive oil
- 1 lg tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 sm chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ c chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Put fenugreek and 2 cups water in bowl.
- Cover and set stand 12 hours.
- Pour off water.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in skillet over medium heat, stirring, 4 minutes.
- Add tomato, pepper, cumin, and soaked fenugreek.
- Cook on low, stirring, 8 minutes.
- Puree in blender with cilantro, juice, and salt to taste. Add a bit of water if needed.
Paleo Almond Banana Bread
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) almond flour
- ½ cup (2 oz.) coconut flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar (not paleo, totally optional!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 5x7-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together the bananas, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and eggs until completely combined. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture, which should be thick, into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the chopped almonds and turbinado sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and a knife comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep tightly wrapped for up to 3 days.
Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live - Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him.
For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients.
Latest posts by Steve Fillmore (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS