Top 14 Things to Bring YOU Happiness Now
Written by: Kat Gal
Ultimately, everyone wants the same thing: happiness.
We crave activities that make us smile. We watch movies and read books that make us feel good. We crave relationships that create those fuzzy feelings. We crave food that reminds us of those happy memories from childhood. We crave vacations that will brighten our lives.
We all crave happiness.
Not only do we crave it, we are on the search for it. We read motivational articles, look at inspiring photos, stick amazing pictures on our walls and dive into self-help books.
We underline important phrases and save useful articles on our computers. We make lists of habits we want to create, but too often, we fail to take action.
Other times, we are able to commit and begin developing new habits… we even create routines in alignment with our new goals and desires. Our lives become happier and we feel proud to be on the right track.
Then something happens. The habits we’ve cultivated don’t work anymore. Or we get off track and forget about the routine that brought us the joy we are once again now craving. We use being “too busy” as an excuse to follow through and find ourselves right back where we started.
Chances are that you can relate to this. Like so many people, chances are you’ve felt this way and have been frustrated, wondering WHY does this cycle continue to happen?
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
People change, circumstances change. Life happens! Embrace it all, for this is your chance to GROW, EXPAND and FLOURISH.
Here are some simple, yet proven strategies you can do right now to create happiness in your life.
1. Ask yourself: “What can I do right now that will have an amazing, positive impact on my life?” Then do it. Simple as that. The answers are within you, so trust yourself. But don’t forget that actions speaks louder than words and actions bring about change, not great ideas and dreams.
2. Do a 5-minute meditation regarding a specific question that is on your mind now. Write down how it makes you feel? What changed for you? Just 5-minutes of short quiet time listening to your heart’s wisdom can bring you peace and clarity. Writing down your experience makes it more real. Imagine how good you will feel after a month of doing this exercise daily looking at your positive love notes?!
3. Tune into your heart, feel what would be the best for you and write it down as a reminder. You may not get the full answer right away, but surely you will get a message. Writing this down as a reminder will help your brain to organize and process your ideas. You will get clearer each time you tune in with your heart. Without realizing it you will find you happy direction.
4. Write down 5 things you are grateful for in your life. Gratitude is so important, yet we forget about practicing it. Just writing down 5 simple things to be thankful for will certainly bring everything into perspective. It will put a smile on your face, because you will realize you already have so much – you already are so much. The regular practice of gratitude is a proven way to increase happiness in life.
5. Watch the clouds. Notice what they look like. By watching the clouds you can tune in with nature. Realize how small you are compared to everything else. Notice the bigger perspective. Notice the colors, the shapes, the movement and the connection. The clouds truly are beautiful. Besides, using your imagination and seeing fun characters at times will make you smile.
6. Hug a tree. Feel the connection. There is nothing better than connecting with nature. Tree hugging is a beautiful experience with many health benefits, including reducing pain, reducing stress, inducing relaxation, improving emotional abilities and improving creativity. Trust me, when you hug a tree you can’t help yourself but to feel loved and connected – because trees really do hug you and love you back.
7. Write yourself a love letter. Keep it with you and read it when you need a reminder. This may be a difficult exercise at first. It may feel strange. But trust me, by writing a love letter to yourself, you can truly practice kindness and self-love. Keep the letter close by and refer to it whenever you need to, maybe using it as a gentle reminder during tough times. Or better yet, read it allowed every day to yourself in front of the mirror to keep you inspired and empowered.
8. Do something for a stranger. A random act of kindness. It is more than just paying it forward, it is a true act of selflessness and appreciation for others. Helping someone or making someone smile is a beautiful act that will undoubtedly leave you feeling that much better afterwards. It’s a win-win!
9. Take a warm bath or a nice long shower. You deserve it. Pamper yourself. A long warm bubble bath with essential oils has amazing health benefits and is very relaxing. If you are a shower person or perhaps have less time, a long warm shower can also be just as wonderful.
10. Treat yourself to a delicious healthy meal. Health and happiness is all about the mind-body-soul connection. Feeding your body feeds your mind and soul too. Use whole foods, preferably organic ingredients, for maximum health benefits. You deserve it. And don’t deprive yourself – a sweet treat of fresh berries, coconut milk and cacao nibs is a delicious way to indulge, without the guilt!
11. Call a friend you haven’t spoken with for a while. Friendships and human connections are important. They feed our souls. Sadly, in our busy lives, we don’t always make the time to connect outside of social media. At times, even years can pass before we notice that we haven’t spoken with someone who means so much to us. Don’t wait for them to call you – pick up the phone or schedule a time to meet and catch up!
12. Take a walk while deep breathing. Taking a walk allows us to connect with nature, our heart and our soul. It is relaxing. Deep breaths are also relaxing. The combination of walking and deep breathing will put your body, mind and soul at ease, bringing about a state of euphoria and joy.
13. Smell a flower. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to connect with nature. Perhaps you live in a city without many opportunities or you’re extremely busy and find it difficult to take a walk on the trails, play with puppies or hug trees. But you can always smell flowers. Close your eyes. Stop thinking. Just smell. Feel it. Savor the moment. What memories come up? Embrace those and the simple act of being, just as you are in this moment.
14. Smile. Sometimes a smile is all it takes. It increases productivity. It decreases pain, stress and anxiety. It increases empathy. It helps you feel younger and more beautiful. It helps you to relax. Smiling is contagious and it spreads happiness all around the world.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at email@example.com or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS