Top 10 Uses for Coconut Oil You Probably had No Idea About
By Barb Marco
Coconut oil is the most amazing, versatile oil out there. I always keep a jar in the kitchen AND the bathroom!
There are HUNDREDS of different uses for it, but I am going to give you my top 10 (feel free to discover more for yourself!) here!
1. Best Eye Makeup Remover: Why go to the drugstore and buy some fancy, expensive makeup remover when you can use an all-natural oil for the exact purpose? Dab some on a cotton ball and wipe away the mascara and eyeshadow in a single sweep.
2. Moisturizer: Coconut oil makes an amazing skin moisturizer that leaves skin smooth and hydrated! Apply liberally after a shower or smooth onto your skin before retiring for the night.
3. Aids in Oral Health: Love that fresh feeling you get after the dentist? Swish 1 tsp of coconut oil in your mouth for 5-10 min (multi-task and do it while in the shower) and spit it out to the trash can after (DO NOT SPIT INTO SINK), then brush and rinse. Presto! A cleaner, healthier mouth!
4. Perfect for a Detox Bath: Had a rough day? Take a detox bath with 1 cup Epsom salts and ¼ cup Coconut oil and soak away! Need additional relaxation? Add in 5-10 drops of Lavender essential oil or even Bergamot to help you relax.
5. Natural Acne treatment: Coconut oil can be used in a natural treatment for acne. The anti inflammatory effects coupled with a light antimicrobial effect of the capric acid and lauric acid can really help improve acne lesions. Put a small amount on the affected area and let it absorb into your skin.
6. Treat Cold Sores/Fever Blisters: Coconut oil has natural lauric acid in it that can potentially stop the growth of the virus, which will help heal up that nasty sore faster and perhaps do so without any scarring.
7. Hair Conditioner and De-frizzing Agent: Be wary of the amount, you don’t want to be greasy! Apply a little to the hands and run them through your hair to smooth and lock in moisture.
8. Tender Tootsies: Rub 1-2 tablespoons on your worn, cracked heels to make your feet feel wonderful! Add a few drops of Lavender oil for a relaxing foot massage.
9. Cuticles: Rub coconut oil in your cuticles at night and help your fingers look lovely! Doing this helps prevent fungus and bacteria from growing as well, so if you love the manicurist, be sure to add this extra layer of protection!
10. Great for Essential oils: Coconut oil is a great carrier oil for use with topical oils, to help the oil absorb over a larger surface and it’s super light! Rub in the palms to melt it, a few drops of your favorite oil and rub on! Enjoy the benefits and soft smooth skin too!
So next time you are at the store, grab an extra jar of coconut oil for the bathroom and give yourself a gift of one of Mother Nature’s finest, most versatile products!
About the Author
Barb Marco is a Registered Nurse (RN) and a Certified Health Coach with a passion for helping individuals reach their health goals while focusing on improving their overall well-being. She specializes in weight management, pre-diabetes and managing excessive stress.
Barb leads nutrition, health and wellness seminars and workshops. In addition, she offers health and nutrition coaching to individuals, groups and families. She is also a Certified Personal trainer and teaches group fitness, including Yoga, Martial Arts, and Resistance formats.
Her approach encompasses the entire scope of wellness, which goes beyond just the food we eat and the habits we hold. She supports her clients to engage and integrate a healthy lifestyle program for long term success.
Connect with Barb:
Image Credit: FunorFacts.org
Make use of this information to hype up your very own detoxification! Start now!
The detoxification process can also take in the form of a juice fast. Here at FitLife.TV, we recommend people to try the Alpha Reset (AR). The Alpha Reset is a 5 Day Juice Fast. It is part of the Juice with Drew System. This is the first step in your detoxification process. If you are just starting out with juicing, do not jump right into a juice fast right away. Just try 1 juice per day along with the rest of your nutrition and see how your body responds. If your body responds well to juicing, then ramp up the number of juices per day. These healthy, nutrient-dense juices can replace that coffee you reach for in the morning or that soda in the afternoon. Here are some of our followers that have tried the Alpha Reset!
If you’re ready to take the first step, begin your transformation by clicking the transformations below!
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury.
It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS