The 5-Minute Morning Drink That Can Help Restore Your Thyroid
Written by: Kavata Kithome
Thyroid health is a hot topic; it probably is in the same league as belly fat, inflammation and sugar detox. I must admit, this topic is still new to me, but in order to be an effective health coach, understanding this topic is key.
What I know for sure is that research has shown that broccoli, kale, spinach and leafy greens can help to boost glutathione levels, which in turn can support thyroid function and even prevent thyroid cancer.
As a health coach who went through my own program as well, I am a large advocate of juice, most especially green juice. I feel that green juice – particularly when paired with an anti-inflammatory diet filled with whole, real, fresh organic foods and rich in protein and phytonutrients, adaptogenic herbs, spices and superfoods – can do wonders in not only restoring your health, but also elevating it as well!
So today, I want to share the green juice I drink specially for thyroid balance. However, before we get into that, here are few things to remember:
- Eating within 90 minutes of waking up kick-starts your thyroid, keeps your energy levels up and tunes up your metabolism.
- Like the brain, your thyroid thrives on healthy fats.
- Selenium is important for thyroid health, because it helps decrease inflammation, regulate immune responses and prevent chronic diseases.
- Lastly, it is essential to balance your fats with leafy greens, because dark leafy greens help counteract the effects of too many fats, which is a plus on all fronts.
- Chlorophyll rich greens provide protective remedying powers that help cleanse the blood, balance body pH and boost cognitive and immune function.
This juice helps your thyroid and overall health to reach optimal levels of life and vibrancy. It showcase some incredible superfood ingredients:
- Pineapple is absolutely delicious and supports the immune system and bone and eye health.
- Cilantro really pairs well with pineapple and is a great source of vitamin C, phosphorus, zinc, dietary fiber, calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Parsley is an excellent source of vitamin K, C and A. It also provides folate and iron.
- Fennel is amazing for heart health because of its potassium, folate, vitamins C and B-6 content.
- Cucumbers are amazing because they keep you hydrated and cool, help flush out toxins and are packed with magnesium, potassium and silicon.
- Lemons contain vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and fiber that are beneficial to the heart and thyroid.
- Ashwagandha root is great for reducing inflammation, arthritis, asthma, hypertension, stress and rheumatism. It has a wide range of health benefits, including its ability to fight against cancer and diabetes.
- Chlorophyll has been shown to reduce inflammation and bacterial growth, especially in the skin. It is a blood builder, detoxifier and natural deodorant.
Now, onto the recipe. Here’s what I put in my juicer for thyroid and overall health!
Here is a quick note to remember: if you can, be sure to use organic produce. This is because plant fibers actually block toxic pesticides and heavy metals in your digestive tract, capturing them so that your body can eliminate them. This is not the case for juice; when you drink juice without those fibers, your body absorbs the juice – and everything in it – far more efficiently and quickly.
Thyroid Balancing Green Juice
- ½ cup pineapple
- 1 bushel of cilantro
- 1 bushel of parsley
- 1 cucumber
- 1 beautiful stalk of fennel
- 2 lemons
- 1 to 3 pinches of ashwagandha root, powdered
- 6 drops of liquid chlorophyll extract
- Juice all ingredients except ashwagandha and chlorophyll.
- Add a few pinches of ashwagandha root powder and liquid chlorophyll. Sip slowly and enjoy all the nutrients that are flooding your body with longevity and vibrancy!
Most pesticides are water-soluble, meaning they are extracted with the juice and stay in the juice until you drink it. A glass of fresh juice made from non-organic fruits and vegetables is a glass of pesticide juice.
What do you do for your thyroid health? Do you have a specific green juice recipe? Please share in the comments below! Remember to share a glass or 3 with a loved one.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS