Throat-Soothing Chamomile Ginger POPSICLE Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
No matter how hard you try NOT to do it… it’s inevitably going to happen.
Usually you don’t pay much attention to this reflex, that is until you are sick and sore.
What are we talking about here?
When you have a sore throat, you are left waiting in painful anticipation for the next time you have to swallow.
However, you can quickly and naturally SOOTHE your throat now with these tasty Chamomile Ginger Popsicles. It’s a much more fun way to get some relief now than those gooey and strange tasting throat sprays.
Here is WHY and HOW you can use these popsicles the next time your throat is feeling scratchy:
Benefits Of Chamomile Ginger Popsicles
- Helps decrease swelling
- Boosts your immune system
- Helps induce rest and sleep
- Reduces and calms irritation
- Powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- Can ease nausea
- Reduces muscle pain
- Can help treat chronic indigestion
- Vitamins found in honey include vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin
- The nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity
- Regular consumption of honey helps maintain the flow of your digestion
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
- Helps boost your immune system
Chamomile Ginger Popsicles
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 teabags of Chamomile tea
- 2½ cups boiling water
1. In a heatproof bowl, mix together:
- lemon juice, ginger, honey and chamomile tea bags.
- Pour boiling water over top of the tea bags.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags and strain out the ginger slices.
- Continue to let sit until water has slightly cooled.
3. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze completely.
Use these cold and soothing popsicles as needed to make your scratchy throat feel better!
Combine chamomile ginger popsicles with these other natural remedies and you will be on the road to recovery and health in no time:
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS