This Man Lost 300 Pounds Because Of ‘The Walmart Diet’
This Man Lost 300 Pounds Because Of ‘The Walmart Diet’
“The journey of thousand miles begins with one step.” -Lau Tzu
But what does this have to do with Walmart and weight loss? When it comes to Rasqualle “Pat” Brocco’s story, it has a lot to do with these things.
Pat lost OVER 300 POUNDS with what he calls a ‘Walmart diet.’
Pat was “Fat Pat” his entire life. At 31 he was extremely obese and completely sedentary. He consumed over 11,000 calories of processed food a day consisting of cereal, milk, candy, meatball subs, chicken nuggets, milkshakes, donuts, apple pies and soda. His food had no nutritional value and eating nearly a week’s worth of his calories each day, his size was not surprising.
One day he decided that enough was enough. His doctor confronted him with the sad truth that if he continued this way, he was going to die soon. Even at 6’8″ his weight was dangerous and his health was suffering. At 605 pounds, he decided to change. He chose his health instead and began his ‘Walmart diet,’ taking it one step at a time.
What Is the ‘Walmart Diet’?
When I say one step at a time, I mean it literally. At the time, Pat was living in Avondale, Arizona just over one mile from a Walmart. He made the commitment that every time he was hungry he had to walk to Walmart, walk home, then eat. With three meals a day that meant three trips to Walmart, equaling about 6-7 miles total. For someone weighing 605 pounds and living a sedentary life, this is a huge feat!
Not only did he start walking, he drastically changed his diet too. Feeling that dairy was a huge downfall for him, he cut it out from his life completely. He added vegetables, quinoa, sweet potatoes and oatmeal to his diet.
Pat started noticing results immediately and the weight started falling off. He wasn’t an overnight success. It took decades of overeating unhealthy foods and not exercising to reach his highest weight and he understood that there was going to be no quick-fix and it would take time, commitment and consistency to change. He didn’t give up.
He lost the first 100 pounds within 90 days, but the rest of it took much longer. It took him over 4 years to lose over 300 pounds.
As he got into shape, he eventually added more challenges to his walking routine and started weight lifting. Pat is now a successful bodybuilder. Today he eats vegetables, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, nuts, egg whites and lean meat and stays within the calorie-range his body requires.
Now, Pat is “Fat Pat” no more. He has transformed to “Possible Pat.” Pat believes everything is possible. If he could do it, so can you.
Healthy Changes You Can Make Today
- Eliminate processed sugars, processed foods, artificial sweeteners and additives from your diet.
- Eat real, whole, organic foods with lots of greens, vegetables, fruits, legumes, beans, nuts, seeds and whole grains. If you eat animal products, choose organic, hormone-free and free-range.
- Support your digestive health with fermented foods, prebiotics and probiotics.
- Discover possible food allergies and food sensitivities through an elimination diet or testing. Make changes accordingly.
- Drink plenty of water. At least 8-10 glasses a day. Drink green juices, smoothies and herbal teas. Eliminate coffee, alcohol, sodas and other sugary drinks.
- Walk more. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk to the store if you can. Take the longer route. Organize group walks with your family and friends. Take nature walks. Go hiking.
- Exercise at least 20-30 minutes a day. Mix up your routine. Challenge your body. Discover what you love.
- Spend time in nature.
- Green up your life. Avoid toxins and use natural products instead.
- Sleep plenty – if you can, get at least 8 hours a night.
- Lower your stress levels (stress can contribute to weight gain and health issues!). Avoid stressful situations and people who bring you down. Change your mindset to a positive one. Be grateful for what you have. Meditate. Journal. Color. Do activities and seek out people that lift you up.
- Seek help from professionals, including doctors, dietitians, nutritionists, health coaches, life coaches, therapists, alternative health practitioners and healers as you need it.
- Share your goals, steps, missteps and milestones. Sharing your journey with your friends, family, online or within an online support group can be very helpful. It keeps you accountable and people will cheer you on and celebrate you. Share your stories with us – we are here to support you all the way!
- Organifi your life. Organifi Red Juice can boost your metabolism and create a glowing skin. Organifi Complete Protein can aid weight loss and support your digestion. Organifi Green Juice can detoxify your body, hydrate your cells and balance your hormones. Organifi Gold can calm and relax your mind and body. Cacao Bliss can fight your cravings and boost your mood. Biotic Balance can support your digestive health. Organifi Daily Turmeric can fight inflammation. Trust me, you need it all!
Remember, everything is possible. Every small step counts. Commitment, consistency and patience are key. You can achieve your wildest dreams, just go for it.
What are your health goals this year? What steps are you committed to taking to achieve these goals? Share your goals and steps with us. We are here to support you. We would love to celebrate your success too.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a holistic health writer who helps health, wellness, and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a freelance writing mentor teaching wanna-be-freelancers how to make a living writing at freelancewriterschool.com. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org or katgalwriter.com. Visit freelancewriterschool.com for freelance writing tips. Follow me on Instagram @freelancewriterschool and on Facebook at facebook.com/katgalwriter.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS