This Is What The Color Of Fingernails May Reveal About Health
This Is What The Color Of Your Fingernails Reveals About Your Health
Paying attention to your nail health is not about vanity…
It can actually save your life.
Your fingernails can tell a lot about the state of your body; every sign of discoloration, bump, line or unusual detail can indicate a health issue, including serious disease.
Healthy nails are usually smooth and consistent in color. If you notice any of these symptoms, don’t cover them up with nail polish, but visit a healthcare professional instead.
9 Signs That Your Nails Are Telling You About Your Health
Whitening of your nails may mean liver problems, including Hepatitis or Jaundice.
If your nails are getting blue, it can indicate that there is not enough oxygen supply getting to your body. Emphysema, heart problems or lung issues may be the cause.
Yellow nails may indicate fungal infections, but can also be a sign of psoriasis, thyroid issues or lung disease.
Not smooth, but rippled nails may be a sign of early onset psoriasis or inflammatory arthritis.
Dark lines on your nails can be alarming and may be an indication of serious health issues, including melanoma, a serious deadly skin cancer.
Cracked nails can be a common sign of thyroid conditions, as well as fungal infections.
Gnawed nails are often a result of nail-biting that can indicate mental health issues, including anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Pale nails can be an indication of serious health conditions, including liver problems, anemia and malnutrition.
Puffy Nail Fold
Puffiness around your nails may indicate inflammation or the early onset of lupus.
What To Do About Unusual Looking Nails
If you’ve noticed any of these conditions on your fingernails or any other discoloration, marks, unusual looks and changes, please, don’t ignore them. Visit your doctor to begin necessary lifestyle changes and receive proper treatment as needed.
How To Keep Your Nails Healthy
It is not about keeping your nails healthy. Keeping your entire body happy and healthy will reflect on your nail health.
- Eat plenty of healthy, whole foods, an organic diet with lots of greens, vegetables, fruits, sprouts, nuts, seeds, whole grains, pseudograins, legumes and beans. Limit or eliminate animal products and if you decide to consume them, choose organic, hormone-free and free-range. Cut out processed sugar, processed foods, artificial ingredients and additives.
- Drink green juice and green smoothies to fill your body with lots of green energy. Organifi Green is an easy and smart way to add lots of greens to your life. Filled with supergreens and superfoods, just one scoop mixed with a glass of water a day can hydrate your cells, naturally balance your hormones, boost your immune system and detox your body.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses (8 oz) water a day.
- Take care of your gut health, eating fermented foods and taking daily probiotics, like Biotic Balance.
- Sleep plenty, 8 hours a night at least. Relax and lower stress in your life. Organifi Gold can help you get a restful night of sleep and keep you calm all day.
- Exercise at least 20-30 minutes a day.
- Spend time in nature.
- Spend time with people you love and who uplift you. Become an active participant of your community. Volunteer.
- Engage in activities that fill you with joy.
- Stay in tune with your body and pay attention to every little message, including odd looking nails.
Following these steps, you can create a huge difference in your health and well-being.
How will you implement these action steps in your life? What has worked and made a difference in your life so far? Share your experiences and tips with us. We would love to hear from you and support you.
Remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS