This Is What Happens With Your Lungs When You Diffuse Essential Oils
The Best Essential Oils For Asthma
If you have asthma, you know the breathing problems, wheezing, coughing and tightness in your chest that come with it. It’s definitely not fun.
Asthma has not ultimate cure, but essential oils can help you in preventing asthma attacks and make the experience a bit more manageable.
Essential oils for asthma:
- Peppermint essential oil: Peppermint is an excellent decongestant and antihistamine. Combine 2 drops of peppermint essential oil with 8 drops of lavender, one drop of lemon and 20 drops of carrier oil. You can even add almond or jojoba.
- Lavender: Lavender can reduce inflammation and relax your body. Add a few drops into hot water and inhale. You can alternate between lavender, eucalyptus, or peppermint.
- Roman Chamomile and Bergamot: They are known for their sedative properties and can relieve muscle contractions in your lungs. Mix a few drops and put it on your chest for relief.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil can remove mucus and clean up your respiratory system. Add a few drops on a damp towel and breathe in until you find relief.
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus helps with congestion and breathing. Mix a few drops with hot water and steam.
- Frankincense oil: Frankincense can reduce inflammation and help with congestion, stress and anxiety. Use it in a diffuser or rub it on your chest.
- Oregano oil: Oregano is antibacterial and antifungal and can help with breathing issues. Mix 25 drops with 5 oz water, make a mist in a bottle and inhale the vapor.
- Clove oil: Clove oil is the best for asthma as it is antispasmodic and analgesic and can reduce inflammation. Use it in a diffuser.
- Thyme oil: Thyme can boost your immune system and boost your respiratory system. Mix it with bergamot oil and rub it on your chest or mix it with hot water to steam.
Be careful when using essential oils. Use high-quality, therapeutic grade oils for safety for the best results. In some, strong odors can trigger asthma attacks, so go slow, start with a drop on your skin and watch your symptoms.
Have you ever used essential oils for asthma or anything else? What are your favorite oils? Share your experiences in the comments section.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person.Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org or katgalwriter.com. Check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/katgalwriter. and nobsfreelancer.com for freelance writing tips.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS