This Is What Happens With Your Lungs When You Diffuse Essential Oils
Do you have asthma?
Have you ever tried essential oils for it?
They may just be the miracle you’ve been praying for.
What Is Asthma?
Asthma is a disease that creates inflammation in the walls of the passageways that supply air to your lungs. This creates sensitivity, breathing problems, wheezing, coughing and tightness in your chest.
How To Treat Asthma?
Asthma has no cure. Doctors tend to prescribe inhalers with anticholinergics and beta agonist to treat asthma attacks, as well as other medication for symptoms.
There are also some natural methods, such as various essential oils that can help to prevent asthma attacks.
Using Essential Oils For Asthma
It is important to follow your doctor’s instructions, however, you can try these essential oils to help prevent attacks in the first place. Make sure to use high-quality, food-grade, therapeutic essential oils.
- Peppermint essential oil: This oil is a great antihistamine and decongestant. Combine 2 drops with 1 drop lemon, 8 drops of lavender and 20 drops of carrier oil, such as olive, jojoba, or sweet almond. Rub it on your chest twice a day.
- Lavender: This oil is great for inflammation and as a sedative. Use it as is or combined with eucalyptus or peppermint and inhale it during mild asthma attacks. Mix a few drops with hot water and use it for steaming.
- Roman chamomile and bergamot: This combination can relieve muscle contractions in your bronchial passages and relax tension from asthma attacks. Mix a few drops of each and rub it on your chest to relieve mild attacks.
- Tea tree oil: This oil can help with mucus and respiratory symptoms. Add a few drops to a damp towel and breathe through it for relief.
- Eucalyptus: This oil fantastic for congestion and breathing difficulties. Mix a few drops with hot water and use it for steaming.
- Frankincense: This oil is fantastic for inflammation and clearing up your nasal passages and lungs. Use it in a diffuser or rub it on your chest.
- Oregano oil: This oil is an excellent antibacterial and anti-fungal that can relieve breathing difficulties quickly. Mix 25 drops with 5 oz of water, add it to an atomizer bottler, mist and inhale. You may use it in a diffuser too.
- Clove: This oil is antispasmodic and analgesic and can reduce inflammation. It is great for relieving breathing difficulties from asthma. Use it in a diffuser or rub it on your chest.
- Thyme oil: It is fantastic for the respiratory system and is a great antibacterial and antiseptic oil. Combine it with bergamot oil and rub it on your chest. You can also mix it with water and steam.
While essential oils can help many people with asthma, in some, strong odors can trigger asthma symptoms and attacks. Always use caution and safety and go slow at first to check your potential symptoms. Use therapeutic grade essential oils. For safety, use it on a small patch of skin to check for a negative reaction before rubbing it on to a larger area, such as your chest. Never consume oils before checking to be sure they’re safe.
Always consult your doctor before using essential oils for the first time for your asthma.
Have you ever tried essential oils for asthma or other conditions? What is your favorite oil? Share your experiences in the comments, we would love to hear your stories.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a professional holistic health writer who helps health, wellness and nutrition businesses to market their products and services through quality online content. She is also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach. Kat is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. Reach out if you are looking for amazing blog content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS