This is What Happens to Your Belly When You Swap Soda For Mineral Water
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I absolutely love bubbly and fizzy drinks – especially on a hot summer’s day!
And I must begrudgingly admit that I used to drink diet soda fairly regularly until I learned more about the dangers of consuming aspartame (learn more here, here and here). Verdict: DON’T DRINK IT.
With soda completely out of the picture, it was time to figure out a healthy way to get a fizzy fix from time to time (because there is almost always a healthy alternative if you look for it).
It didn’t take long for me to find sparkling mineral water (San Pellegrino). With a couple lemon slices squeezed in and a few drops of liquid stevia, I found an excellent healthy alternative!
The best part? Mineral water has some wonderful health benefits – check ‘em out below!
Reasons To Drink Mineral Water
1. Rich in sulfates
- Needed in your diet
- Eighth most common element in your body
2. Contains NO sugar and NO chemicals
3. Has calcium, magnesium, bicarbonate and other trace minerals (San Pellegrino)
4. Can help you lose weight
- Contains no calories and is fat free
- Cutting out calories from your beverages can lead to greater weight loss
- Keeps you hydrated and feeling healthy
5. Improves your bone health
- The calcium found in mineral water helps maintain a normal bone density
- Helps prevent the development of bone related illnesses
6. Helps with digestion
- Sulfates help promote digestion by stimulating your pancreas to release digestive enzymes
7. Lowers your blood pressure
- Magnesium found in mineral water helps maintain a normal blood pressure level
8. Get glowing skin
- High silica content strengthens the cells between collagen and elastin fibers, which slow the formation of wrinkles
- Wash your face with mineral water for a more gentle rinse than regular tap water
Note: To avoid BPA found in plastic bottles, choose a mineral water that is in a glass bottle.
Next time you are feeling the need to quench your thirst, reach for a bubbly bottle of mineral water! It also makes a great base for infused water.
Try out these 4 delicious recipes:
1. Strawberry, basil and cucumber
2. Cucumber, melon and mint
3. Lemon and lime
4. Pineapple and ginger
Bottom’s up – enjoy!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS