This Homemade 3 Ingredient Tonic Improves Digestion And Eases Constipation
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Eat, pray, love.
While I totally love that story and have been eating, praying and loving my way around the world over the past 3 years…
I have to admit that I sometimes want to rewrite that title to a much more realistic one in regards to travel:
“Eat, pray, poop.”
Ahhhhh yes… the joys of being away from your home… and away from the typical foods that you eat and the privacy of your own toilet.
Combine foreign foods with foreign toilets and it’s a straight up recipe for digestive disaster.
While what goes up must come down due to gravity, what goes IN does not necessarily come out thanks to a confused digestive system.
If your system is in need of a gentle reminder to “get to work,” this 3 Ingredient Digestive Tonic will quickly become your new travel buddy.
Benefits Of 3 Ingredient Digestive Tonic
|Apple Cider Vinegar
- A fermented juice from crushed apples that has vitamins and minerals. It can be used to help rid the body of toxins, fight infection and slow the aging process
- Benefits include:
- Has abundant nutritional value: vitamins A & B, essential fatty acids, enzymes, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, sulfur, iron
- ACV is a diuretic, which removes excess liquid from your body and reduces bloatedness
- Kills harmful bacteria that make you feel lethargic and weak
- It is a miracle medicine for many ailments
- Helps alkalize and detoxify your body
- Highly cleansing and helps clear out buildup
- Is a natural antibiotic and can help with underlying fungal infections
- Has mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
- Keeps your body hydrated and working efficiently
- Encourages your digestive tract to function properly
- Helps your body regulate temperature
- Lubricates your joints
- Helps flush out toxins and waste
How To Make 3 Ingredient Digestive Tonic
What You Need:
- In a 8 ounce glass, add the apple cider vinegar and baking soda (it will fizz a bit).
- Add filtered water to fill the glass.
- Stir and drink!
Tip: If you find the taste of this tonic too bitter, you can consider adding a natural sweetener such as raw honey or stevia.
Drink this tonic at least once daily to boost your digestive tract to process and eliminate food efficiently. Doing so will provide your body with the fuel and energy it needs to live a vibrant and healthy life!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS